K1 visa, file in country of citiizenship or country where living? and had a uk 10 year ban before?

bal1025

Registered Users (C)
my friend is being sponsored/petitoned by her fiance, a US citzen. She is a Polish citizen, EU passport, but she has lived and worked in London for the past 7 years.

Should her application be done through the embassy in Poland or London? i am just worried will the US embassy in London accept all her polish documents, birth, divorce, death, police etc, even if translated by an approved translator?

and finally, she did in the past receive a 10 year ban from entering the UK, this has now expired and she has been legally here in london for the past 7 years. Obviously she will have to state this I am sure, but will it affect her K1 application in a major way. I expect she will be questioned about it and have advised her not to hide this fact on the forms.

thank you for any advice! and good luck!

She applies based on current residence (London).

English translations of foreign documents are a matter of routine, not a problem.

Foreign immigration violations that are now ancient history are irrelevant. CURRENT LIES AND CONCEALMENTS AND MISREPRESENTATIONS ARE HELD AGAINST AN APPLICANT.

As long as she is not inadmissible according to the US due to whatever caused the UK ban to be enforced, she should be fine.

she did in the past receive a 10 year ban from entering the UK, this has now expired and she has been legally here in london for the past 7 years. Obviously she will have to state this I am sure, but will it affect her K1 application in a major way. I expect she will be questioned about it and have advised her not to hide this fact on the forms.

So, she goes home before her 180 days visa-free visit are up. You file the paperwork. You can go to Canada to visit her during the wait for processing the application.