K1 Visa Administrative proceedings 221(g) white form

Nor85

I recently attended my K1 Visa Interview at the Mumbai Consulate.

My fiance is a US citizen by birth and we have met twice in the past year alone. All my papers were in order and I proved our relationship with photographs, airline ticket stubs (as we travelled within India when he visited). While he had proposed last year during my visit to the US, we had a formal Christian engagement party when he came down to India two months back. The CO was convinced the photos represented a wedding (which is not true at all). Engagement rings were exchanged at a hotel, but a priest was present, who could even testify to the ceremony (they took down his name and the name of the church). The CO even went as far as to say the trip we took within India could be deemed a honeymoon. I explained and said I could present proof that this was not the case as it was before the engagement party and my mother was present on the entire trip for which I can provide airline tickets and hotel reservations etc. However they said it was not required and didn't see the evidence.

After all the questioning I was given a white Section 221(g) form which stated Administrative Proceedings and that they would contact me. No request for ANY further documents or evidence was mentioned. They gave me back my passport, however kept all my original documents except photograph. The CO said it'll take a couple weeks.

What are my chances of getting the visa? Any idea how long it'll take? Is it advisable to actually get married in India and apply as a spouse (as my fiance is willing to come back to India soon) if they reject the visa? As in most cases we are fed up of waiting and would like to opt for the quickest way to be together. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Can you please let me know if you received your approval and how long it took? Your exact same situation is currently happening to us. I am a US Citizen and my fiance is in India, but you have described the duplicate of we went through. Please respond. My fiance had his interview on 07/06/11 in Mumbai.

@gorditafea
did you get any response from embassy or not
my interview date was 8/7/2011 they kept my passport and give me a white paper letter mentioning that your case is under admin processing and we hold your passport for fast admin processing .
did they hold ur wife's passport or not?
answer plz

i129f get approved in 3-5 month time sometime even faster than dat
my i130 get approval after 5 month no i am in ap at delhi co

Husband had interview 8/14/12 but we are delayed to prove our marriage

My husband is an egyptian and I am an US citizen. We where married in Egypt 8/11/11. He just got his interview and during the process he had to be sworn in, paid his delivery fee for his visa and all his paperwork was in order. they where about to give him his visa but after consular came back he stated to my husband that we need to prove our marriage. I had been back in the states since 2/12 for various reasons. He remained in egypt by no choice. I sent forward all my phone bills, chat logs and pictures of us together in egypt and UAE with his family.They recieved all 8/22/12. I am currently still waiting to hear from the embassy on his visa. i have contacted several times and they say the same. He is in a manatory administration process and they will contact him with the next step. is it possible he will get his visa and how long does it take for them to varify our marriage. They had chats for everyday we are apart and phone bills.

Firstly, you should have started your own thread and not hijacked someone else's.

Secondly, is your husband applying for a K-3 visa or CR1 immigrant visa? If the latter, you are posting on the wrong sub-forum :)

My husband is an egyptian and I am an US citizen. We where married in Egypt 8/11/11. He just got his interview and during the process he had to be sworn in, paid his delivery fee for his visa and all his paperwork was in order. they where about to give him his visa but after consular came back he stated to my husband that we need to prove our marriage. I had been back in the states since 2/12 for various reasons. He remained in egypt by no choice. I sent forward all my phone bills, chat logs and pictures of us together in egypt and UAE with his family.They recieved all 8/22/12. I am currently still waiting to hear from the embassy on his visa. i have contacted several times and they say the same. He is in a manatory administration process and they will contact him with the next step. is it possible he will get his visa and how long does it take for them to varify our marriage. They had chats for everyday we are apart and phone bills.