K1 or K3 Visa. That is the question.

tonyz312

I am 52 years old and I met a Chinese woman (age 41) on the internet 2 years ago. She had an opportunity to come to the US this past March-April 2013 on a University exchange program at Jefferson University in Louisville, KY on a B1/B2 Visa. I met with her in the middle of her stay in Louisville for 5 days. Then at the end of the exchange program she came to my home town for a week to visit with me. She has since returned to China and we have decided we want to get married. So here is my question...... 1) should I apply for the K1 Visa and go the normal route, OR, 2) since I am going to go to China to meet her family and see her country, should I marry her there. I was thinking that If I married her there, I would come back to the US alone, and then she can follow me back here on her B1/B2 Visa. Then once she is here, I will apply for the K3 Visa. She is obviously an educated woman as she has a bachelor degree from Beijing University and is currently working at a university in china. Any suggestions as to how we best approach getting her here?

Last edited by a moderator:
Statues Adjustment

Hi my question is that my husband came here on K-1 Visa in April 2013 and we got married 2 months after, but the problem was that we did not have money to procced to Adjust his statues, how does this work after 1 year when we want to apply for adjustment statues?

Thanks

Hi my question is that my husband came here on K-1 Visa in April 2013 and we got married 2 months after, but the problem was that we did not have money to procced to Adjust his statues, how does this work after 1 year when we want to apply for adjustment statues?

Thanks

None of you are working? I doubt if there would be any relief if you can't pay the USCIS Fee.