K1, K3 or Spouse visa

goro

Registered Users (C)
Hi
I'm not married yet. I have fiancee in my home country. If everything goes well, I'll become US citizen this year. My question is which option will be best but most importantly FASTEST for us once I am citizen? K1, K3 or Spouse visa?
Should I go to home country and marry there? If yes, should I do it before or after naturalization? Or may be I should not marry and just invite based on K1 visa. Please give me wise suggestions....and approximate time of waiting for each case. Thanks

In terms of speed, on average the K1 visa is the quickest.

In terms of what is the best visa, I personally like the CR1/IR1 spousal visa as your then spouse will automatically become a permanent resident upon entr to the US and not have to go through AOS.

The K-3/K-4 visas are reserved for the spouse and children of U.S. citizens. In order to qualify for either a K-3/K-4 visa, the U.S. sponsor must have already filed a Form I-130, Immigrant Petition on behalf of his or her relative. The K-3/K-4 visa holders may enter the U.S. while the I-130 Immigrant Petition is pending and apply for a Green Card from inside the U.S. after the petition is approved.

What point in applying for K-1 visa while you are not residing in US. K-1 visa is valid only for 90 days.

I had an idea:
1.I become a citizen in USA
2.While in USA I file K-1 visa
3.Then I move out from USA and marry my fiancee
4.Once married I apply for spouse visa outside of USA (meanwhile K-1 is in process and pending)

Can I do something like that? I'm just trying to figure out wise and fastest way for my future spouse to enter USA. Please advise

Why would you start the K1 process only to cancel it when you marry and start a spousal visa process????? That will just waste time.

Once you get married while you have a K1 pending, the K1 will become voided and you'll be starting the spousal visa from scratch.

If you want the quickest option, just go for the K1.

Sure, you can do that. However that will be a waste of time and money. For K-1 route, you both have to remain single until she enters the US and then you both marry in the US and she applies for AOS.

4.Once married I apply for spouse visa outside of USA (meanwhile K-1 is in process and pending)