K1 and documents

majavacool

Registered Users (C)
I'm getting ready to apply K1. I need a few things from my foreign fiancee before I can apply.

1. Passport photo of her - can she send it electronically?
2. G325A - can she send it electronically? She has to sign the form too.
3. Statement of marriage intent - can she send it electronically?

Once I-129F is approved I need to send my entire I-129F package (a copy that I have taken before submitting) to her. Do I need to send any original documents as a proof? Do I need to send my original Naturalization Certificate?

She needs to collect Police certificate from countries where she has lived more than 6 months. She can get the police certificate from her home country. Because of her job she had lived in Europe & in USA (in a state other than where I am) for an year each almost 5 yrs ago. How can she collect that certificate from USA and European country? Is it even realistic?

Thanks for your help and quick reply.

4. I have to write cover letter etc. Which USCIS should I refer to? I live in Missouri. As I understand I need to send my K1 application to Dallas lockbox and NOT to any particular USCIS center.

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
ALL signatures MUST be originals so they cannot be sent electronically. She must sign them and then mail them to you. The photos must be originals also.

When I had my interview I had my fiancées original copy of his birth certificate as proof of his citizenship, so I believe your fiancee will need your original naturalization certificate.

The instructions that accompany the I 129f will state where you need to send the petition.

elcupacabras

hi elcupacabras. i dont know if you remember me or not but we talked on here a while ago regarding my K3 visa an u informed me of IR1/CR1, my I129 AND I130 were both approved about a month ago now and i've still not recieved anything from the embassy.... can you give me any advice.... an do u think they will process it as a CR1 rather than a K3?

regards

Hmmmm- as far as I was aware the k3 had been administratively closed- though the cr1 would require an I-130 approval whereas the k3 needs both i130 and i129f- so it 'looks' as though you have a petition approved for a k3. I guess youll have to wait until you hear from the consulate, unless of course someone else is able to shed any further light?

ALL signatures MUST be originals so they cannot be sent electronically. She must sign them and then mail them to you. The photos must be originals also.

When I had my interview I had my fiancées original copy of his birth certificate as proof of his citizenship, so I believe your fiancee will need your original naturalization certificate.

The instructions that accompany the I 129f will state where you need to send the petition.

Was this not the reason why they make you sign that you attested to the accurateness of your documents? Must the signatures really be originals?

Photos can be sent electronically, as long as the recipient takes them to be printed.