K-2 Visa Waitig for Adjustment of Status

Maria Mae

Hello I'm new here to the forum, I'm a k-2 visa and waiting for green card. And once I get my green card I want to study in the Philippines (for college) not here in the USA, what are the possible things I can do to reenter USA because college is 4 years. And how long can I obtain my green card?

Hello I'm new here to the forum, I'm a k-2 visa and waiting for green card. And once I get my green card I want to study in the Philippines (for college) not here in the USA, what are the possible things I can do to reenter USA because college is 4 years. And how long can I obtain my green card?
You can apply for two re+entry permits in a row. It takes money and some time for the processing has to be in the US. None of the time you spend abroad counts in a citizenship countdown clock.

You can apply for two re+entry permits in a row. It takes money and some time for the processing has to be in the US. None of the time you spend abroad counts in a citizenship countdown clock.
Can I apply for two re entry permits with 2 years of validity each? Cause college is 4 years

Last edited:
Can I apply for two re entry permits with 2 years of validity each? Cause college is 4 years

Yes, but you have to be here when you apply and until biometrics are done, which can take a few weeks for each. ( To make it clear, you apply for the new one whe the old one is about to expire, so you have to be actually in the US for each application.) some details here https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Resources/B5en.pdf

That begs the question.. why get a green card when you don't plan to live in the US in the near future?

Presumably because she will be 21ish when college finishes and then it’s a long wait for a green card. I think the better question is, why she isn’t doing college in the US if that’s where she plans to live and work.