K-1 Visa Needed?

Discussion in 'General K Visas and Related Issues' started by DL22, Nov 16, 2016.

  1. DL22

    DL22 New Member

    I live in Canada. My fiancee lives in the U.S. We plan to marry in the U.S. then live in Canada.

    Do I need to apply for a K-1 visa in order to marry in the States even if I have no intention of applying for permanent residence?
  2. newacct

    newacct Well-Known Member

    No. You can just go to the US as a visitor and marry and return to Canada.

Share This Page