Just talked at Senators Office

kp h

Registered Users (C)
After getting frustrated thru the process, faxed a letter to Senators offcie yesterday regarding my case history and just called again to check that they have all the info to follow up my case. Was surprised to know that they had already checked with VSC and this is what she said .
In order to have I-485 approval, INS need to have Actual I-140 application file they approved and they order the actual file I-140 filing at their storage warehouse at Harrisburg , pensylvania. She said they have asked for that file at the storage facility. She said it will take another 30-60 days . Has anyone heard of this before.
Might make a little sense though and that is why old cases get more delayed because they might be harder to locate and new cases get approved faster as their I-140 was recently filed and those files may be easier to locate. She also said that this harrisburg facility is common to all centers . Sounds Night mare...ish .She said you can call back again in 30 days if you don\'t receive the approval and she will check again. Won\'t keep my hopes up though and take her conversation as another level of indirection and confusion into unknown to added chaos in our cases. Don\'t know who to believe now bcos ..
Lawyer says .. Case pending bcos of CIA check
IIO says .. Case pending. No specific reason but high work load ..
Congressmen says .. original I-140 file not arrived at IIO\'s desk .
The mystery deepens as Hrs, days , weeks , months & years pass by ..
Not light at the end of this tunnel ..

They are never short of excuses....

Hi KPH,
man...I know the pain...let us hang in and hopefully they take some action...before they come up with some other wierd answers...

Thanks
Shanks
EB2, INDIA, ND 03/2000, PD 08/1996 FP, 04/14/2001.

Good job kp h

Can you please give us the format of letter you faxed to senator\'s office. I went for interview in newark office on 6/26 and they put the case on hold for 60 days bcoz of CIA check. My RD/ND is 8/00. Why couldn\'t they do this check in the last 10 months. Why NOW when you are called for the interview and you have high hopes of approval and stamping the same day. FRUSTRATING. I will also try approaching through senator\'s office. Any idea how senator\'s office contact VSC or local INS offices? Thanks

What are the steps?

I lived in NJ. I would like to call and get in touch with one of the sanator. What is the process and latter format? Thanks.

sample letter

I used the one posted by hanumanji . Here it is
o:
   The Honorable Congressman
   XXXXXXXX
   XXXXXXXXX
   PA Date: June 1, 2001

Honorable Congressman:

I am writing this letter to you regarding the delay I am experiencing in my green card processing. After getting my labor
   certification (1998) and I-140 (1999) approved, I had applied for I-485 (adjustment of status) in February 2000. In
   the month of April 2001, the Vermont INS office transferred the application to the Philadelphia office stating that
   preliminary processing has been completed (Notice of Action- attached), and that the Philadelphia office will notify me
   about further processing.

I inquired at the Philadelphia INS office about the case status, to which they responded that it may take up to 9 months
   to process the case. It is unfortunate that, whereas applications submitted 4-5 months after my application are being
   approved by the Vermont office, that I have to wait another 9 months for the interview. It seems to me that my case is
   being delayed beyond the normal processing time currently being observed in similar category. The following table
   compares the dates of my case to a sample approved case (source: immitracker.com).
   Details:
                    My Case Sample Apprvd Case
   EAC #
   Alien #
   Labor Cert Date
   I-140 approval date
   I-485 RD
   Finger printing date
   Transfer date
   Status

Honorable Congressman, I request your help in getting this case expedited. I am requesting your kind assistance after
   patiently waiting for three years going through the normal process. With the recent law providing immigration benefits
   to previously illegal aliens, the Philadelphia office (and other offices) is overburdened with workload. I am afraid that,
   unless I get help from your good office, my case may get further delayed.

Please accept my sincere thanks and appreciation for your kind assistance.

Sincerely,

Why me????

I am also waiting for the same reason, My I140 had been sent to NVC in May 2000 and when I called the IIO 2 weeks ago they said
that everything was completed but they are just waiting for my I140 papers back from NVC. But I am wondering how come others who
also got the notification of consular processing from NVC, got their GC cleared long back. How did INS got back their I140 papers
sooner but in my case it is taking so long???

ND:03/28/2000:FP:03/21/2001:EB2:NO RFE:No Company Name change:No merger etc... still waiting ....

Net . Is your app filed of Consular processing ?

My application is not for Consular processing but was filed at Vermont. What is this NVC ? . R all applications suppose to get I140 papers or the ones for Consular processing only ? I am confused by your posting . Could you please respond to this ? Thanks in advance .

more info ...

yes, my I140 was approved for CP but we filed I485. I filed my 485 in Mar2000, in May I got a letter from National Visa Center (NVC),
saying that they have received my I140 from INS and they have sent my files to a consulate in India for further processing but we
replied to NVC saying that we want to file AOS. One of my collegue, with similar case as of mine, who has filed I485 with me got
his approval 3 weeks ago. But I am still waiting ...