just so u all know what kind of idiots are processing our cases...

Priya R

Called up the Texas INS number to check on the status of application and after the endless wait got to speak to an immigration officer and she goes "what exactly is this priority date that u keep talking about?"
And so i gave up on this particular IIO and went through the whole chakkar of dialing and waiting again. I have filed my application dependent on my husband\'s and when i gave the same A# for both of us the officer said "how can both of you have the same A#?" I said my husband is primary applicant and i am dependent applicant.. he says "there is something wrong with your case, you have to have ur own A#, he goes to the extent of saying "you might need to refile""!!!!!!!!! DUH!!!!

No Title

Common Priya, already much has been told and written about these idiot and non-sense IIOs. It is next to nothing useful trying to call these stupid IIOs. They do not know anything about immigration process. Call them only if you want a change in address or if you have enough time at office/home to spend fruitlessly.

God bless these morons.

No Title

Priya,

Actually you and your husband should be having different A#\'s.
The IIO was right in that aspect. You might want to confirm that you did enter the correct A#\'s for you and your husband in your 485 petition.

No Title

Hey Priya,

Looks like you need to update your info first before cursing out the IIOs. I agree, as would others, that they are not the most helpful people out there, but then if we do not expect any reasonable answers from them, then why do we waste our time calling them up, not to mention the astronomical telephone bills that we get, apparently we do get some useful info from them of course much depends on what you are trying to ask them. One thing we all know that they do not commit to anything other than officially published info regarding processing times/dates etc..

If you keep repeating the priority date to them which I don\'t see why you have to repeat,because most of the info that these people will give you will be based on your receipt number or your A#. A priority date has nothing to do with the processing time/dates.

While I am on the subject of A#, you and your husband should have different A#s. If you take time to go through these posting, then you probably would find some place or the other, a discussion about this. You may even wish to visit some Immigration attorney\'s site and check the FAQs.

Just a humble request, please don\'t call anyone stupid for lack of knowledge on your part, we are all trying to learn/live with this process...hope this helps