Just called NSC and found out that stuck in Name Check

waiting_aos

Registered Users (C)
My RD is 09/2004. We became current this month.

I just called Nebraska - lady answered the phone, was very polite and said that the case is stuck in FBI name check. :( :( :(

for 3 years? We are from Russia and our last name is not very popular...
My parents with the same last name became US citizens this year, how come our name check hasn't cleared yet?

I'm so frustrated and mad :mad: :mad: :mad:

Please suggest what can be done to resolve this name check issue. Any help and advise is appreciated!!!!

Thank you whyworry

Thank you whyworry, yes we recently got our third fingerprints. Actually they were done on April 1.

I can't beleave we waited so long for our PDs to become current and finally we found out that we stuck in name check black hole...:mad: :(

NSC Number

I just called Nebraska - lady answered the phone, was very polite and said that the case is stuck in FBI name check. :( :( :(

My parents with the same last name became US citizens this year, how come our name check hasn't cleared yet?

Please suggest what can be done to resolve this name check issue. Any help and advise is appreciated!!!!

Waiting_aos,

what is the number you called. I would appreciate it if you could post it here. I am sure I will find the number on this site if I search long enough, but understandably, the site is very slow these days. Have not had any luick finding the number online.

Regards,
RatherGetShot.
Pd: April 2003
EB3
I140 - Approved.
Concurrent filing.

NSC Number

Waiting_aos,

what is the number you called. I would appreciate it if you could post it here. I am sure I will find the number on this site if I search long enough, but understandably, the site is very slow these days. Have not had any luck finding the number online.

Regards,
RatherGetShot.
Pd: April 2003
EB3
I140 - Approved.
Concurrent filing.

number I called

Call NSC at 1-800-375-5283 then press 1-2-2-6-1 then enter LIN...

press 1 for correct then press 3 and then 4, you will be directed to an immigration officer

Called NSC, no information

I called NSC twice, but they haven't given me any information that is not already available on the case status website, basically that my application is pending at NSC and they will notify me whenever a decision has been made.
They say, that they don't have any more information than that.
What did you tell them when you called them so they've given you more information, like your name check has been cleared (or pending)?

Have to try several times

You have to try several times. I talked to some not very friendly ladies few times and finaly a nice guy answered. He said that from USCIS point everything is OK, but namecheck is still pending since Sep 2004.

He also kidnly suggested to submit SR to confirm this, which I did. I got a responce yesterday that said that decision cannot be done until background check is complete. This usually means that name check is stuck.

I'm going to contact now local congressman, senator, FBI. Not sure if this will help. I still don't understand how this could happen with my not common last name. I think that they deliberatly check more deeply people who was born in Soviet Union. :mad: :mad:

Finall...got approved :D

You have to try several times. I talked to some not very friendly ladies few times and finaly a nice guy answered. He said that from USCIS point everything is OK, but namecheck is still pending since Sep 2004.

He also kidnly suggested to submit SR to confirm this, which I did. I got a responce yesterday that said that decision cannot be done until background check is complete. This usually means that name check is stuck.

I'm going to contact now local congressman, senator, FBI. Not sure if this will help. I still don't understand how this could happen with my not common last name. I think that they deliberatly check more deeply people who was born in Soviet Union. :mad: :mad:

Thanks for the reply. I'd called NSC today morning at around 9:00 am and got the same reply (nothing more they can tell)...but a around 10:00 am I got the surprise emails from CRIS...saying that my GC is approved :) . So finally, after a wait of 6 yrs, its finally approved now.
Just for reference, here are my details:
Category: EB3
Nationality: India
PD: Feb 2002
I-485 RD: Oct 2004
RFE related to birth certificate, replied in Jun 2005
GC approved: Jun 26 2007

Thanks
Amit

Congratulations

Amit,

Congratulations, you are free now!!!
Enjoy your freedom!!!! No more EAD nd AP

I hope my wait will be over soon!

Hi,
I called Nebraska Service center yesterday and found the same thing i.e. my case is going thru name check...so, I am stuck in this big black hole.
My LC is substitution, PD: 1999, I485: Jun 2006 FP: Jan 2007, India

I know this must have been asked many many times, but could someone summarize if
1. Calling/writing to local congressman, senator, first lady etc helps?
2. Can we approach FBI and ask for expediting the case?
3. Has anyone explored filing law suits against USCIS? Does it result in anything positive?

would appreciate your response.

Name Check

I talked to immigration officer at NSC, he said your 485 is waiting for some thing it is been assigned to a officer in 2006, he said "It could be a name check" he is not 100% sure as he does not see any thing that says waiting for name check.

My Question is people saying waiting for Name Check how can they be sure that case is waiting on Name check, even immigration officer can not see any message like that.

Thanks

I talked to immigration officer at NSC, he said your 485 is waiting for some thing it is been assigned to a officer in 2006, he said "It could be a name check" he is not 100% sure as he does not see any thing that says waiting for name check.

My Question is people saying waiting for Name Check how can they be sure that case is waiting on Name check, even immigration officer can not see any message like that.

Thanks

If it is assigned to an officer already for Adjudication then it may not be pending for name check. Try to find out more with InfoPass appointment or raise a Service Request. It's really long time since it's assigned to officer in 2006.

Name check

In my case I was told by NSC officer specifically that my name check is pending. I also received a responce to my SR saying that background checks are pending, which usually means that name check is not ready.

Believe me, the Name Check is complete blackhole, dark and scary. Scarier than retrogression. you cannot get any status or any timeline.
We already wrote several letters to congressman, senators.
Our Congressmen confirmed that indeed, background check is pending and there is nothing much he can do.

The scary thing is that there are people waiting years more than us, and we already pending for almost 3 years!

I'm pretty sure that files are just laying there in FBI and nobody touching them. How disgusting!