June VISA Bulletin

jagoo

Registered Users (C)
This is whats going to happen :

EB3 - Move by 4-5 months
EB2 - Move by 6 months
EB1 - Move by 5 months.

If anybody has any concerns, please post.

Cheer

??

jagoo said:

EB3 - Move by 4-5 months
EB2 - Move by 6 months
EB1 - Move by 5 months.

Cheer

jagoo,

I must commend your optimism (especially for EB3) but where exactly are you getting these numbers from? Not to say that this might not happen. We all know that anything is possible in this crazy immigration process.

regards,

saras

I am hoping EB3 India atleast moves a month and this guy is really very very (many more time very) optimistic.

I think India EB3 would catch up with World by the end of Sep 06 which would still be stuck at May 01.

jagoo said:

EB3 - Move by 4-5 months
EB2 - Move by 6 months
EB1 - Move by 5 months.

Cheer

I Wish if you become USCIS Director :)

NYImmigrant said:
I am hoping EB3 India atleast moves a month and this guy is really very very (many more time very) optimistic.

I think India EB3 would catch up with World by the end of Sep 06 which would still be stuck at May 01.

He might be very pessimistic for all you know.
He predicted EB3 will move 4-5 months, but dint specify forward or backward.

but why the June Visa Bulletin thread already....
I dont think we need to look at any Bulliten until Sept 2006 now.

neo

I meant forward indeed...good observance though.

Lets wait and watch. Both months June and July will see the movement by 4-6 months in all (It may not be all 4 months in June - It can be 2-4 or 1-5 or 3-3)

Saras,

If by these estimates, you will be current by July, then party out !!

Give a big treat to your family !

Cheers

Perhaps in the next few years

June of year ????.

EB3 might move by another month to April 2001 for India and the fun with 245i starts. It is going to be a long wait unless the law makers do something...

Arvind_I140 said:
EB3 might move by another month to April 2001 for India
Even that is a good scenerio for me man... Some people have speculated in the past saying EB3 india might move weeks at a time... That thought drives me nuts.

Please do not read too much into the note.

I mean June/July 2006, for India, and move forward.

Dont know any other issues out there.

Stay tuned, you folks will get a pleasant surprise within next 2-2.5 months !

Cheers

Also the 2,800 includes Spouses and kids of ppl getting GC. So you are actually looking at fewer applicants. say each person is married than only 1400 familes get GC.

unitednations said:
Unless the law changes to increase quota; eb3 for india will stay for many years before April 1, 2001.

India, in eb3 only gets 2,800 greencards per year unless rest of the world is current.

How many people do you think from India are going for the greencard in eb3.

California labors filed in regular permanent are just starting to get approved which were filed in April 2001 timeframe. Many people who filed labors in california in June/july 2001 are still awaiting in the backlog reduction center.

good to be optimist but you have no statistical basis for your optimism.

How many years ...

unitednations said:
Unless the law changes to increase quota; eb3 for india will stay for many years before April 1, 2001.

India, in eb3 only gets 2,800 greencards per year unless rest of the world is current.

How many people do you think from India are going for the greencard in eb3.

California labors filed in regular permanent are just starting to get approved which were filed in April 2001 timeframe. Many people who filed labors in california in June/july 2001 are still awaiting in the backlog reduction center.

good to be optimist but you have no statistical basis for your optimism.

unitednations,

How many years do you think it will take? Please provide statistical data so that everyone can plan accordingly. While you are at it .. please also provide some contructive advise rather than just "gloom and doom" scenarios. Everyone knows that the situation is not great. People are just trying to live on some hope. It is not always a good thing to come into a thread and stomp all over it by spreading "gloom and doom". I know that you have a lot of experience and have helped numerous people with their labor certs and 140 denials but your short comments regarding the bad situation of EB3 (india) does not help anyone. If these comments were followed with some advise or some sympathy then I would not raise issue. All I see are comments such as "EB3 will take years" "India EB3 can forget about any movement" etc etc. I am sorry to say that these comments are very very easy for you to make. Truth is always good but the way it is presented also matters. Your postings regarding retrogression have an air of disdain about them. With so many people already suffering under this unfair system, the last thing they want are comments that drive their spirits even lower.

regards,

saras76

Last edited by a moderator:
My original calculations

Some more numbers

In "Retrogression - doing the Math 2" thread, I had done some calculations, where I had tried to break-down the backlog in terms at the labor stage, at I-140 and I-485 stage .

The excel is attached.

1) What I have found (doing manual optimization) is that 75% of all GC cases from 2000, 2001 and 2002 had their labor approved (calculations for India only).
2) only 44,954 cases (principals only) could be pending from year 2000 and 2001 (entire) for labor (from the pool of H-1B and L-1 beneficiaries)

Assuming 71% to be EB3, it means 31,917 EB3 cases pending and at the rate of 2,800 per year, we are looking at 11.4 years !!!!!

Unless the overflow from FB based makes EB1/2 current or some legislation changes, EB3 will suffer for years.

Regards
GCStrat :)

We need to keep the hope on and be optimistic all the time.

The reason is that this gives you energy to think wise and get into action like pressing for visa increases etc.

Trust me, things will change for better for almost all of us this year which has another 8 months to go.

Keep the hope and action to its peak.

I will tell you a funny story - When I was in 2nd year of my engineering in CSE, I bought a Yamaha RX 100 for about 32000 Rs. This was in 1994.
In 3rd year in 1995, I got bugged a big time money making madness (legally). Being from a middle class, did not know how to make it. But was intensally postive that I will. I started telling people that I am going to have few crores very soon. My friends started making fun. I had no plan. Then in 4th year, I got a job in TCS. I started looking at Software story and somebody advised me to invest in software stocks. To invest, I sold my bike for 23000 Rs and invested in Infosys and stuck thru it till today and even bought more on the way through my salary at TCS. As you must have read the much publisized story of Infosys by now, my miniscule investment is worth 6 Crores today. I am 31 years old and can live comfortably for rest of my life.

I am NOT saying that you invest in stocks or something, its risky also if you get into wrong stuff. What I trying to convey is that be VERY VERY POSITIVE and someone somehow someday will make your dreams come true. Believe in yourself and pray and you will get the Best things life has to offer.

I will tell you one more story which my wife passed through some other day which will tell you that its never end of the world, there are much brighter things ahead. Look at life as a wholesome, not just 1 or 2 things.

Cheers

I understand ...

unitednations,

I understand what you are saying. I did not mean to come across so strongly in my earlier post. I know that you mean no harm. You have been extremely helpful to thousands of immigrants. I guess I am having a hard time stomaching the truth .. and when its literally put in my face it sometimes becomes unbareable.

I had never lived my life on other peoples terms until I put myself in this situation. Why I am pissed is that I chose to do this to myself. Now I am in a position where I have spent so many years toiling towards this GC that packing up and leaving feels utterly foolish to. I am not single and so I cannot make reckless decisions. Sometimes I wish I just got rejected because then I would not feel guilty for giving up after so many years.

As for sympathy from the US govt. I do not have any false hopes there. I was talking more of sympathy between immigrants. We are all in this mess together. We have enough people being insensitive towards us. That is why I feel that we need to very sympathetic towards eachother. Sometimes I see innocent posts that are far removed from reality and feel like shoting them down with all the stuff I have learnt over the years but then I think about myself 3 years ago posting questions hoping for some positive answers and try to reply back with as much positivity as I can. I am not asking for people to mislead people with false hope but I am not in favor of letting my own bitter experience rub into another persons positive outlook .. no matter how ridiculous it might seem to me. So long as it doesn't hurt anyone .. let a person hope for speedy resolutions .. I don't want to interject reality prematurely ..

Again no hard feelings .. we are all in this together.

regards,

saras

I "Wish" everything becomes current again. We we all get approval emails overnight.

:rolleyes:

To be realistic, I am expecting
EB1 - Forward 6 months
EB2 - Forward 6 months
EB3 - 1 month, (Hope not days) (Really approaching Apr 2001), it is going to be slow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys,

Please keep in mind when you count the 245i cases and its likely effect on the dates moving forward, remember that more then 85% of those 245i filings are Family based, after you take out the number of cases filed under Employment based Unskilled category the numbers applying under the EB2 and EB3 category would be down by a very wide margin.

Regards.

This doesn't standard. People estimate the volume of 245i case based on DOL pending labor cerficates, so they are already EB.

vicky007 said:
Guys,

Please keep in mind when you count the 245i cases and its likely effect on the dates moving forward, remember that more then 85% of those 245i filings are Family based, after you take out the number of cases filed under Employment based Unskilled category the numbers applying under the EB2 and EB3 category would be down by a very wide margin.

Regards.