• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

June 2018 Visa Bulletin

Xarthisius

AFRICA: 38,000
Except:
Egypt: 19,700

ASIA: 10,500
Except:
Nepal: 6,325

EUROPE: 21,900

NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS): 18

OCEANIA: 1200

SOUTH AMERICA,
and the CARIBBEAN: 1475

Rather expected that for AS and AF, but very very odd for EU, actually lowering the increase rate despite the decrease in density means they are really putting on the breaks.

Dear all, can anyone explain me what is going on to europe? I have a case number near 26600 and I am very concerned to lose my chance to get the green card and I am going crazy.

Rather expected that for AS and AF, but very very odd for EU, actually lowering the increase rate despite the decrease in density means they are really putting on the breaks.

Hi Dan; forts like to thank you for your reply earlier, So July Asian VB came almost what you have predicted earlier,
quick question, do u think for for Aug Asia will go Current condisrinv the pace of VB, Density and Nepal cutoff finally around 6500? Or will it be around 130300 range ? What you think, as you know our case number is AS1300xxx range so like to get your detailed views, ( we are keeping our finger cross ) thanks you

Hi Dan; forts like to thank you for your reply earlier, So July Asian VB came almost what you have predicted earlier,
quick question, do u think for for Aug Asia will go Current condisrinv the pace of VB, Density and Nepal cutoff finally around 6500? Or will it be around 130300 range ? What you think, as you know our case number is AS1300xxx range so like to get your detailed views, ( we are keeping our finger cross ) thanks you

Obviously it's impossible to give a real prediction, as there are a lot of variables unknown to us, the clearest one being the response rate. Without seeing the actual cases in Xarthisius' data, and based only on the response rate between 7100 and 7800, it seems like the last batch added some 350 ROA cases. IF the response rate remains the same, and guessing that they might add more ROA cases as they start having less Iranian cases (I don't think Nepal is relevant since it has a separate cutoff), I would estimate that the Aug. cutoff will be between 13,200 and 13,500. It's obviously frustrating for your CN, but given the low density at this point any slight change in response rate will have a major effect on the VB. Also, there is an increasing probability that Asia will go current in the next VB, as it becomes more evident that they will have sufficient visas for all processed cases. Of course, all of this depends on the travel ban remaining in place, but it looks like thus far they have simply disregarded its effect, so even if it is lifted before the next VB (the Supreme Court's session runs until around late June), I'm not sure the effect would be too pronounced--except maybe thwarting the possibility of the region going current and of excess visas going to other regions, such as EU.

Dear all, can anyone explain me what is going on to europe? I have a case number near 26600 and I am very concerned to lose my chance to get the green card and I am going crazy.
Haven't been looking as closely as other people at EU, but since no one else replied - the simple explanation seems to be that so far the visa issuance rate is simply higher than in previous years, implying that they believe that the current rate in which they were going was to fast. since density in EU remains constant from the previous increment onward, it seems like a reasonable estimate that the next increment will only be slightly higher (as they deal less with previous cases and have a better appreciation of the data so can be less cautious). In the end, I think it's fair to estimate that the final cutoff will be around 25-26K, although, as I wrote above, without knowing such basic things as the response rate (which we will only know in retrospect) this is nothing more than guesswork.

Obviously it's impossible to give a real prediction, as there are a lot of variables unknown to us, the clearest one being the response rate. Without seeing the actual cases in Xarthisius' data, and based only on the response rate between 7100 and 7800, it seems like the last batch added some 350 ROA cases. IF the response rate remains the same, and guessing that they might add more ROA cases as they start having less Iranian cases (I don't think Nepal is relevant since it has a separate cutoff), I would estimate that the Aug. cutoff will be between 13,200 and 13,500.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but what is ROA cases ?

Sorry if this is a stupid question but what is ROA cases ?
Sorry, I've been reading this forum and Britsimon's blog for too long... ROA is short for "Rest Of Asia", meaning all the countries in the Asia region except Nepal and Iran, which are capped at around 7100.

Haven't been looking as closely as other people at EU, but since no one else replied - the simple explanation seems to be that so far the visa issuance rate is simply higher than in previous years, implying that they believe that the current rate in which they were going was to fast. since density in EU remains constant from the previous increment onward, it seems like a reasonable estimate that the next increment will only be slightly higher (as they deal less with previous cases and have a better appreciation of the data so can be less cautious). In the end, I think it's fair to estimate that the final cutoff will be around 25-26K, although, as I wrote above, without knowing such basic things as the response rate (which we will only know in retrospect) this is nothing more than guesswork.

Dear Dan, I had a look to green cards still to be assigned, and it seems that there are around 4600 green card still to be given. Assuming that response rate will be stable at around 80% it means an increase 5700 in case number in 2 months. Are you in line with my reasoning? I hope that response rate will be lower and there will be some visa relocation from other regions.

Dear Dan, I had a look to green cards still to be assigned, and it seems that there are around 4600 green card still to be given. Assuming that response rate will be stable at around 80% it means an increase 5700 in case number in 2 months. Are you in line with my reasoning? I hope that response rate will be lower and there will be some visa relocation from other regions.

No. The VB so far covers up to July interviews. So - you have to know how many visas will have been issued by the end of July (which means 21900 and below). Current issuance pace has been around 2000 a month in EU, so if we imagine that goes down to 1500 a month in May June and July, that would be 4500. By the end of April there were 11800 issued, so it is likely that July will be on about 16500 give or take a couple of hundred. That will leave around 1500 at most for August and September, UNLESS the 50k quota is allowed to be exceeded (eith by NACARA or redistribution of visas.

ok, thanks for the explanation. It is very sad and disappointing to read that after having waited one year. The only thing to do is to hope in a miracle to reduce response rate or redistribution of visa or NACARA but I don't believe so.

No. The VB so far covers up to July interviews. So - you have to know how many visas will have been issued by the end of July (which means 21900 and below). Current issuance pace has been around 2000 a month in EU, so if we imagine that goes down to 1500 a month in May June and July, that would be 4500. By the end of April there were 11800 issued, so it is likely that July will be on about 16500 give or take a couple of hundred. That will leave around 1500 at most for August and September, UNLESS the 50k quota is allowed to be exceeded (eith by NACARA or redistribution of visas.

Is anyone experiencing any issues with the DVCharts website

@Xarthisius, the webpage fails to load the CEAC csv files and adjoining graphs ? is there an issue with the website ?

Is anyone experiencing any issues with the DVCharts website

@Xarthisius, the webpage fails to load the CEAC csv files and adjoining graphs ? is there an issue with the website ?
Server had a hiccup. Everything should be working now. There's an usually high traffic. I guess it may be related to an announcement that's going to be made in a few hours ;)

What Britsimon said. Also, there really are so many unknown variables at this point it seems impossible to guess, it's like trying to guess how long it will take a train to get from point A to point B, without knowing the exact distance between them or exactly how fast it is going. The only solid piece of information seems to be the fact that they have lowered the pace, which indicates that they think that the previous pace was too fast (or, as said, any other reasoning that is based on all the information we lack).

Hi everyone,
My CN is EU33XXX and my all analysis can not reach my number but what if Asia and Africa"s number restributed? Can you make the optimum or optimist senario that at what number EU can see final cutoff? My guess is Africa is not better than last year and it seems that it is hardly to reach 20K. And Asia seems hardly reach 5K and other regions can have 2K. So .Except EU, There are just 28K max visas. Do you think EU can reach to be 22K visas at the end of the year?

what that means if they announce a number.
My number is 2019AS4XXX. If they announce in April, would that means they give me to interview in April? or the interview is several months after that?

what that means if they announce a number.
My number is 2019AS4XXX. If they announce in April, would that means they give me to interview in April? or the interview is several months after that?

You are processing AOS, I already provided you with a link to go over what that entails. The spreadsheet is your source, utilize it.

Hello All,

My number is EU 23100. Can I hope for July or August ? Please let me know. I am fully lost. I would appreciate if anyone can advise me what to do.