join in spouse with DV lottery

makaka

Hey guys, can you consider these questions ? I would greatly appreciate any answers....

1. My wife is a DV lottery winner and her I-485 is still pending. She got it (DV lottery notification) in 1999 and is still waiting for approval notice but we did move from New Orleans to Los Angeles and INS New Orleans transfered her files to Los Angeles. Could it take this long ? She has her A# and she has been renewing her EAD ever since, does this imply that her case is just pending and the backlog in Los Angeles is just overwhelming ? She did notify INS of our change of address when we moved so they do have the current address.

2. Assuming that her case is just pending and theres no problem, can I follow-to-join in with her ? I'm on H-1B and have been here on F-1 before she won this lottery. We got married a few months ago and would like to proceed with this follow-to-join process asap if its a good idea.

3. How much or what is the benchmark for financial stability requirement in terms of filing the affidavit of support ? You can tell me in amount numbers like sufficient savings, property value and etc.

thanks guys