Job offer, TN status as Scientific Technician - Manufacturing Engineer

k_nraj

Registered Users (C)
I finally got an employment offer. But I have this concern on the title
The job title at work, Company wants to keep as their standard "Manufacturing Engineer". I have a post secondary 3 yr Diploma in Mech Engg and I've evaluated it with working experience as equivalent to a BSME. Since TN doesn't count the equivalency for Engineer category, I've been using Scientific Technician for TN.But I used Scientific Technician through out the TN employment letter. New employer and their attorney took the "temporary" word out of the letter and stating Scientific Technician - Manufacturing Engineer. Would this be fine or can create any issue at the border?

Thank You for your inputs

-Raj

Since you are familiar with SciTech TN, then you know that the key component of your petition is the person(s) for which you will be providing support, and not the internal job title that the company chooses to give you.

Provide ample evidence of the person(s) that you will be working for. Name(s), title(s), their job description, and you will get TN. Without it and they will think you are applying for an Engineering TN, and deny you on the basis of lack of degree or license.

The word "temporay" need not be in the letter. The clearly stated intention that you will work for "a period not to exceed three years" is much more important.

Thank You Nelson for the quick reply.
Those details are already in the letter. One thing most worried me was them stating "Scientific Technician - Manufacturing Engineer" at couple of places.
By reading your comments, I think they are fine. Is it?

Thanks again

Are you a SciTech in support of a Manufacturing Engineer? If so, then the letter is accurate.

Hi Nelson,
At the beginning of the letter it requests a TN under the "Scientific Technician- Engineering" Category

And,
Under US Job Position it says
----in a position titled "Manufacturing Engineer" at our plant located------
In this position he will work in support of other engineers and under the general supervision of our General Manager------who holds Degree in Mech Engg from---- university.

I'm not yet comfortable of them stating the "Manufacturing Engineer" under the Sci Tech Category

Do you think I shouldn't take this letter to border

Thank You

Raj