Job for MD Homoeopath

sharada123

Hi all,

I am on H4 visa and have done my MD in Homoeopathy from Rajiv Gandhi U'sity of Health sciences,B'lore.
I have come down to US recently and looking for any jobs available with MD in Homoeopathy Degree.
I dont want to lose my knowledge and trying to keep it up. I would be more than happy if anybody can suggest if Jobs are available or if I can make use of my degree to earn something as well can be in touch.

Looking forward for your suggestions and advice.

In all likelyhood, you won't be allowed to practice your art unless you gain some qualification and licensure accepted in the US. Apparently some states license homeopaths, you might want to look into whether they would accept your qualifications.

http://www.naturalhealers.com/qa/homeopathy.html#h1

If you want to make some money, I would consider looking into pharmaceutical sales jobs for manufacturers of homeopathic meds. It might not be exactly what you would consider homeopathic medicine, but if this is about putting food on your families table it might be an option.

Last edited by a moderator:
Opportunities for MD Homeopathy

Hi,
My wife is also an MD Homeopathy. She is also from RG Univ. After coming here we did a lot of home work and finally now my wife is going to be a Physician Asst and can get a license to practice allopathy and/or homeopathy.
If you need more info contact me at vbala11@gmail.com and i can give you my wife's ph number and you can talk to her (I cannot give my ph number in a common forum like this).

An homoeopathic practitioner can not get a license to practise Allopathy medicine in USA unless USMLE passed and completed 3 years residency in the US. (Must have recognized foreign MBBS degree to take USMLE)

From where did you do lot of home work to find this information.

vbala11 said:
Hi,
My wife is also an MD Homeopathy. She is also from RG Univ. After coming here we did a lot of home work and finally now my wife is going to be a Physician Asst and can get a license to practice allopathy and/or homeopathy.
If you need more info contact me at vbala11@gmail.com and i can give you my wife's ph number and you can talk to her (I cannot give my ph number in a common forum like this).

Relax guru, no need to use 'bold print' here.

The posters wife received a license to work as a physicians assistant (PA). No need to pass the USMLE for that. If her supervising physician is fine with it, she can practice anything he/she delegates to her.

regarding Homeopaths in US

Hi Friend,
My wife is also an homeopath from Pune, India and she also wanted to stick to her line as homeopathy after she came here. We did quite a bit of research but one can practice homeopathy only after being an american MD in US and then take Homeopathy certification course in US and practice homeopathy if they want, but there is no money in it because natural medicines are covered by Insurance companies. The whole US medical system is based on insurance company laws and FDA regulations so there is no point wasting time on it. Even Homeopathy degree from India is not considered as pre-med 4 year BS course in US where you can straight away give USMLE and do residency, that is only for MBBS people. For Homeopaths, the credits are not enough so have to do pre-med for 4 years (some credits can get transferred) and then USMLE with residency and then homeopathy US course for atleast 1 year. so total 7 - 8 years. There are no scholarships for foreign students in pre-med because it is bachelors degree and only citibank gives loan for H4 or F1 students. So cost is yours plus time.

My wife chose to be a physical therapist and did her masters course - 2 years in US, she easily transferred all her credits to the course and got admission in Masters - now they call it DPT (doctor of PT - 3 year course), we nicely took Citibank loan and paid for it and now she started working with Physio therapy license and plus we could file our green card through employer without any labor needs and GC process bacame faster then regular H1 - IT people. So well it helped and she could stick to medical field.

Your wife can look at option of Physical therapy, speech therapy, occupation therapist in US with any big university or state university, they can study on H4 as much as they want, no need of F1 visa and anyway their course keeps them busy for 10 hours a day so there is no way they can work with study so let her relax and study for just 2 years and she will have a license to practice in US plus she will make your GC faster and she can open her PT clinic once she has experience ..i guess it is a nice deal. Take your time to do research but hurry up as time flies.

Hope this helps, i have seen many homeopaths choosing Therapist course in last 4 years, so all the best, if you need to talk, you can email me on dev_recruit@yahoo.com

Dev

Hi Hardon reduce the noise.

Whenever a post misguide others , it is necessary to highlight it.

The is the posting

"can get a license to practice allopathy and/or homeopathy"

To work us a physician asistant you no need to be homoeopathic or foreign doctor, if you go to BS/MS physician assistant courses in any US university and obtain a state permission , you can work under any physician as assistant (not to practise any allopathy).

You may allow your physician assistant to practise surgery, but not all.

hadron said:
Relax guru, no need to use 'bold print' here.

The posters wife received a license to work as a physicians assistant (PA). No need to pass the USMLE for that. If her supervising physician is fine with it, she can practice anything he/she delegates to her.

Last edited by a moderator: