Job change before GC arrives

resolved1

Registered Users (C)
Does anyone have an idea of whether it's OK to change jobs before the GC actually arrives? What if one gets a new job in a new place and has to change the address? Would that jeopardize the process?

Go ahead

The thumb rule is 6 months but I have seen folks changing job 1 week after approval, and they didn't face any problem during Naturalization

CHANGE..

GC = FREEDOM...

Go ahead and change UR Job....Should not be any problem once U have UR passport Stamped....

May not be a good Idea.

This is just my opinion!
If you have already got your passport stamped, that means the physical card should be coming soon.
Now if you try to file AR11 change of address, I am not sure if our competent INS friends will send the green card to the right address. I am told the post office does not forward INS mail but sends it back to INS.

I am not trying to scare you and if any one thinks diferently please correct me.
thanks
over and out :)

Re: May not be a good Idea.

Originally posted by over
I am told the post office does not forward INS mail but sends it back to INS.

Wrong, post office does forward the mail from INS and informs INS about the address change as the INS communication say 'Forwarding address requested'.

Jaic,

Do you know anybody who didn't have a problem at citizenship interview, who changed the jobs within a week?

Re: Go ahead

Originally posted by Jaic
The thumb rule is 6 months but I have seen folks changing job 1 week after approval, and they didn't face any problem during Naturalization

Jaic,

What are the options if you get laid off before 6 months, does this mean that it is not your fault and you get a pass?

I think post offices operate differently, my FP notice was sent back, luckily the AR-11 kicked in and I was re-sent the FP notice by BCIS, but in some cases people did get their mails forwarded so I guess it is kind of mixed results.

Hi resolved
I have heard ppl saying you should stick to same Co for 6 months after approval.
Well there ios no such official Rule. I mean if ppl are allowed to change Job after 6 months of I-485 process. Nothing should prevent getting you new job after approval.

Now just to make sure you receive card at Proper address, you can keep your old House or Appartment for 2 months extra, should not big deal , just to make sure you get your Plastic card at your address properly.

This is just my views

Thanks