Job Change after EB3 to EB2 porting

Bofors2011

I have been working with the same employer since 2005 and have EB3 I485 pending since July 2007 priority date of June 2007. I started my EB2 process about 7-8 months back with the same employer and already have I140 approved. My I140 was approved last month (April 2011), approval canotice captured my previos priority date of June 2007 and an interfiling request was sent right away.

I am considering changing employers due certain reasons. My question here is that whether my EB3 to EB2 will be valid? What's the worst case scenario to consider? Will they void my EB2 upgrade and I will be stuck in EB3 or they can completely deny my I485? I am planning using EAD for my new job, no back up H1B.

Any feedback or comments would be helpful.
Thanks

There are few, if any, easy answers to your question without seeing your file and all the evidence. It may be worthwhile to consult an attorney before making any change in employment. The issues sometimes are not obvious.

See http://www.justice.gov/eoir/vll/intdec/vol25/3699.pdf for a recent case involving portability and other issues that were overlooked by the applicant but got caught by USCIS.