Jim, Gurus - Birth Certificate, Passport DOB don't match!

arbee

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,

After spending lots of time chasing birth certificate from India, I have found out that the birth was registered by hospital on a date different from my DOB on the passport, class 10 certificate etc. ( 1 day difference).

What should be done in this case? Any advice- please help.

Should I try to get a new passport? That would be a long painful process - what will happen to my US Visa stamp?

DOB doesnt match

Hey,

I am in a similar situation. Could I know how you resolved this issue in your case.

Gurus,

After spending lots of time chasing birth certificate from India, I have found out that the birth was registered by hospital on a date different from my DOB on the passport, class 10 certificate etc. ( 1 day difference).

What should be done in this case? Any advice- please help.

Should I try to get a new passport? That would be a long painful process - what will happen to my US Visa stamp?

Did you submit I-485 with wrong date of birth or trying to get Birth certificate and have not filed I-485? Did you never check class 10th certified date when applied for passport? Don’t change DOB on passport and to correct the date on birth certificate registered with municipality one has alternatives.
In what state you were born in India?
Is your birth registered with municipality or with district of birth registrar?
what steps you did to get Birth certificate or to get birth certificate with correct date and what reply you got from municipality or registrar?

Hey,

I am in a similar situation. Could I know how you resolved this issue in your case.

you got the I-485 approved and why you need the BC now? your card will have DOB that you wrote on I-485 form And the affidavits or non availability certificate that you submitted with I-485.

DOB in Birth certificate DO NOT match DOB in Passport, SSC and other documents

Dear Ginnu,
This is regarding my Father in laws(FIL) i-485 on family basis.
We already filed his i-485 with DOB as per Passport and attached 2 affidavits.

We got a RFE from USCIS asking to furnish Govt issued document to verify Date of birth(DOB). At this point we tried to pursue his Non-Availability certificate from Chittor Muncipality in AP expecting his birth may not have been rgistered as he was born in pre-Indian independence era. Apparently his birth was registered to add some confusion it we have received birth certificate with DOB a day earlier than the DOB in his passport, Duh!

Now we are clueless how to proceed. In the meantime, we furnished his SSC and Government issued drivers license in response to above RFE regarding proof of birth.

After furnishing the abobe RFE he got his AP approved! this gave some relief. However, this may not be an end of story, hopefully this is happy ending!

So, In case we get another RFE regarding his Birth certificate, we are not sure how to proceed as the DOB in Birth certificate DOES NOT match with DOB in Passport, SSC and Drivers license documents

Dear Ginnu,
This is regarding my Father in laws(FIL) i-485 on family basis.
We already filed his i-485 with DOB as per Passport and attached 2 affidavits.

We got a RFE from USCIS asking to furnish Govt issued document to verify Date of birth(DOB). At this point we tried to pursue his Non-Availability certificate from Chittor Muncipality in AP expecting his birth may not have been rgistered as he was born in pre-Indian independence era. Apparently his birth was registered to add some confusion it we have received birth certificate with DOB a day earlier than the DOB in his passport, Duh!

Now we are clueless how to proceed. In the meantime, we furnished his SSC and Government issued drivers license in response to above RFE regarding proof of birth.
------------------------USCIS may accept his SSC cerificate.
After furnishing the abobe RFE he got his AP approved! this gave some relief. However, this may not be an end of story, hopefully this is happy ending!

So, In case we get another RFE regarding his Birth certificate, we are not sure how to proceed as the DOB in Birth certificate DOES NOT match with DOB in Passport, SSC and Drivers license documents
--------------------------Pay the"chai Pani" to Municipality Clerk and get Non-Availability certificate from Chittor Muncipality in AP.
OR one can get the date on his BC corrected by submitting SSC certificate. Municipality may ask for affidavit or chai pani. you can also talk to lawyer in AP he may get his BC corrected or late registred. the best will be to get Non-Availability certificate(as you have sent 2 affidavit with his I-485)

--------------------------Pay the"chai Pani" to Municipality Clerk and get Non-Availability certificate from Chittor Muncipality in AP.
OR one can get the date on his BC corrected by submitting SSC certificate. Municipality may ask for affidavit or chai pani. you can also talk to lawyer in AP he may get his BC corrected or late registred. the best will be to get Non-Availability certificate(as you have sent 2 affidavit with his I-485)

Fortunately for India, chai-pani does not *always* work in cases of birth/death certificates etc. I would advise people to consult with their attorneys on how to resolve the issue. Maybe you can file for a correction (however such a correction will be noted in the certificate)