• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Janetgal here: successful interview

janetgal

Registered Users (C)
Hey Everybody!
I hope you remember me. After been thru a lot, I have finally set for interview and will get my visa on Monday.

I suppose my case is a little painful and i think it would be a great lesson for the rest of us. So, here is my information regarding my experience, which I hope you will use for good.

First of all, thanks to all of you who answered my questions and gave your suggestions. Special thanks goes to those ones who urged me to go to the interview no matter the complex issues i had. If it wasn't for you guys, none of this would have become a reality.

A. My word regarding KCC and Consular Offices:

1. KCC people are very helpful and kind. If you have any doubts about your case, please contact them directly and be as clear as possible. Heart-felt thanks goes to those people.
2. Consular services of US Embassy are extermely supportive and hepful. Again, contact them for any doubts you have and they are more than happy to help you out.
3. If your case is complicated like mine, the best way to get the information is by calling them. You pay more for phone, but it really,really worthes.

B. My issues:
Though i have posted only problems associated with my birthdate in this forum, i also had issue with my name. During online entry, I input my third name in both my second and third name. I know I made this error when i got my notification letter. I contacted KCC regarding this and they told me
KCC IS NOT AUTHORIZED TO ACCESS WHAT WAS ORIGINALLY ENTERED ON THE ONLINE ENTRY FORM. BUT SEND US YOUR CORRECT INFORMATION FOR EVALUATION AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

So, i correct my name and send my forms back to KCC.

That was around the May 2008.

I contacted KCC for the first name regarding my case (After sending them my forms) on September the 13. I was told the information I submitted does not match the case number provided. I thought it was a name problem, but they simply repeated the answer again and again. I contaced several people regarding their answer and honestly, i got the most frustrating answers. One told me (bbsnetting to be specific) it is a lost case and i need to give it up. I made a mistake of not calling KCC in the first place. It was just after i made the call that I know my birthdate was the error

C. 2nd letter came but i moved out:
Before my case regarding birthdate was solved, i left Asmara, Eritrea and moved out to Sudan. My second letter arrived in January 2009. My interview was set for Feburary 5 at 10:00am at US-Asmara consular. I asked for a transfer of my case and the consular service didnt even ask for the wrong birthdate i entered on my e-application. They transfered my case using Fedex to Nairobi.

D. Documents:
I contacted Kenyanan Consular services regarding my birthdate error and asked for advice if i have to move on or not. I have asked the asmara consular center as well. Both of them told me they are not authorized to advise me to continue or not. The kenyan consular center told me that the birthdate may be needed to collect my documents and that i need to have my correct documents with me and explain what was the error. Other than that, i had perfect school, medical and fininicial support documents. After passing medical examination, i contacted the office to set me a date of interview. The interview was set for June 15 at 7am. They gave me exactly a month.

E. The interview:
I was the first to be interviewed, I think. I prepared everything. Just in case they raise the question of my name, i printed out the first email they wrote me to show them that if they hadn't advised me, i wouldnt have moved on with the application. I also had printed the email the kenyan consular center wrote me. To my surprise, the interviewer didnt ask me for this info. I learned that the online entry may be important but the consulars have copies of the forms we fill and return to KCC.

The interview was successful. I will pick up my visa on monday and move to USA very soon.

Again, thanks for everyone. Please contact me if you have any doubts. I have contaced many people online and in person regarding my case and got many,many answers. If you need to hear those, please let me know.

I wish everyone the same luck as me.

Thanks!

hi, how are you? congratulations.... i have the same mistakes in the initial forms... i have mi interview the next week, what questions make the consul to you at the inteview???? good luck

Congratulations & Thank You For The Update

Hi Janetgal,

Really I have been waiting to see this post for so long time, I am so happy to hear your great news, let congratulate you two times, the first one as you became USA LPR, but many congratulations on the second, that you didn’t withdraw and accept the challenge, Really it’s very nice that you didn’t forget to update this forum with your successful interview news, it’s going to help and support so many people in future, wish you all the best in your new life …………………………

hi, how are you? congratulations.... i have the same mistakes in the initial forms... i have mi interview the next week, what questions make the consul to you at the inteview???? good luck

I was not asked anything. Please have the right documents. If you have one, nothing i mean nothing is asked.

Hey Everybody!
I hope you remember me. After been thru a lot, I have finally set for interview and will get my visa on Monday.

I suppose my case is a little painful and i think it would be a great lesson for the rest of us. So, here is my information regarding my experience, which I hope you will use for good.

First of all, thanks to all of you who answered my questions and gave your suggestions. Special thanks goes to those ones who urged me to go to the interview no matter the complex issues i had. If it wasn't for you guys, none of this would have become a reality.

A. My word regarding KCC and Consular Offices:

1. KCC people are very helpful and kind. If you have any doubts about your case, please contact them directly and be as clear as possible. Heart-felt thanks goes to those people.
2. Consular services of US Embassy are extermely supportive and hepful. Again, contact them for any doubts you have and they are more than happy to help you out.
3. If your case is complicated like mine, the best way to get the information is by calling them. You pay more for phone, but it really,really worthes.

B. My issues:
Though i have posted only problems associated with my birthdate in this forum, i also had issue with my name. During online entry, I input my third name in both my second and third name. I know I made this error when i got my notification letter. I contacted KCC regarding this and they told me

So, i correct my name and send my forms back to KCC.

That was around the May 2008.

I contacted KCC for the first name regarding my case (After sending them my forms) on September the 13. I was told the information I submitted does not match the case number provided. I thought it was a name problem, but they simply repeated the answer again and again. I contaced several people regarding their answer and honestly, i got the most frustrating answers. One told me (bbsnetting to be specific) it is a lost case and i need to give it up. I made a mistake of not calling KCC in the first place. It was just after i made the call that I know my birthdate was the error

C. 2nd letter came but i moved out:
Before my case regarding birthdate was solved, i left Asmara, Eritrea and moved out to Sudan. My second letter arrived in January 2009. My interview was set for Feburary 5 at 10:00am at US-Asmara consular. I asked for a transfer of my case and the consular service didnt even ask for the wrong birthdate i entered on my e-application. They transfered my case using Fedex to Nairobi.

D. Documents:
I contacted Kenyanan Consular services regarding my birthdate error and asked for advice if i have to move on or not. I have asked the asmara consular center as well. Both of them told me they are not authorized to advise me to continue or not. The kenyan consular center told me that the birthdate may be needed to collect my documents and that i need to have my correct documents with me and explain what was the error. Other than that, i had perfect school, medical and fininicial support documents. After passing medical examination, i contacted the office to set me a date of interview. The interview was set for June 15 at 7am. They gave me exactly a month.

E. The interview:
I was the first to be interviewed, I think. I prepared everything. Just in case they raise the question of my name, i printed out the first email they wrote me to show them that if they hadn't advised me, i wouldnt have moved on with the application. I also had printed the email the kenyan consular center wrote me. To my surprise, the interviewer didnt ask me for this info. I learned that the online entry may be important but the consulars have copies of the forms we fill and return to KCC.

The interview was successful. I will pick up my visa on monday and move to USA very soon.

Again, thanks for everyone. Please contact me if you have any doubts. I have contaced many people online and in person regarding my case and got many,many answers. If you need to hear those, please let me know.

I wish everyone the same luck as me.

Thanks!

Hello (salam)

First i was reading all your add in morning .......to tell you the truth i was not expected it went this way for you ............Congr after you went thrug
i am from Eritrea live in USA and my sister live in state also ,she got NL 2010 too......i here in tread just for her ,she has some issue with her docoument with her last name ,if you do not mind i will contact you in your private email

Enkuhagoski
Thanks

Sorry I do not understand what exactly was wrong at the end. I can't belief that the DOB was wrong!

While I'm happy that a fellow forum member's case ended in success, it does surprise me that a mistake in DOB didn't do any harm to her.

While I'm happy that a fellow forum member's case ended in success, it does surprise me that a mistake in DOB didn't do any harm to her.

I was so scared after many of you suggested i better not go. some lesson we must learn. just remeber please: my documents were very, very complete, includin my sponsor.

Hey Dark horse

Good luck to you on June 19.............i thought you were mean to Jentgal too
but it matter she had bless day. share you interview day with us okay

Good luck

Am so happy that you made it

Hi,

Not giving up was the right thing to do, Janet you made it.

have a safe trip to your new homeland

ireb

Congratulations janetgal. Diligence paid after all.

Would you mind giving the email address and the phone # of the American embassy in Nairobi? Whats the name of the best contact person to ask questions to? Any other info about how to contact them would be really appreciated. If somehow you do not feel free to give this info its OK, I will understand.

Congratulations janetgal. Diligence paid after all.

Would you mind giving the email address and the phone # of the American embassy in Nairobi? Whats the name of the best contact person to ask questions to? Any other info about how to contact them would be really appreciated. If somehow you do not feel free to give this info its OK, I will understand.

Hey,
Thier email address is on their website. thats the one i used. Sorry, i dont know any names there.

Janet

Hi,

I have a similar problem. You case encourages me, but I really don't know what to do. My mom made mistake during online entry for DV 2010 lottery-she found that there is mistake in one letter in her first name. She knew about this errow when she got her notification letter. I called to Kentucky Consulor Center and I was told that there is no way to reenter the correct name in my mom's case. I was adviced to call to US consulate in Russia, but I realize that I may not get the answer unless my mom shows up in interview. I don't know if her case is lost or not. Should I move or not?
Thank you very much in advance.

Hi,

I have a similar problem. You case encourages me, but I really don't know what to do. My mom made mistake during online entry for DV 2010 lottery-she found that there is mistake in one letter in her first name. She knew about this errow when she got her notification letter. I called to Kentucky Consulor Center and I was told that there is no way to reenter the correct name in my mom's case. I was adviced to call to US consulate in Russia, but I realize that I may not get the answer unless my mom shows up in interview. I don't know if her case is lost or not. Should I move or not?
Thank you very much in advance.

Dearest Arubat,
Let me see if i get you. You made a single letter mistake in her first name in the e-application? Buddy, i made an entire error. I didnt tell them my 2nd name at all. When i got my NL, i contacted KCC regardin this and i was told they dont have the right to access the info i put online. And that i must send the CORRECT info ASAP. I hope you have not yet sent the forms back to KCC? If not, i suggest that you put the CORRECT info and send them back. I know i am not expert but thats what i did.

Secondly, what if you send the incorrect name and change her name to it? I guess it worthes a shot.

to janetgal

hey janetgal

First of all.Congrats you must be relieved. i am eritrean too and i was selected for DV 2010 and i am now filling the forms that i have to send to KCC.
But i have one question

As you know from where we came from, there is no family name. So we put our father first name instead. That's exactly what i did when i first applied in october.
But in the forms that i have to send they ask your father's family name, first name and middle name. What to do? If i use the same logic. I'll have to put my grandfather's name as my dad family name. But this would mean that my father and i won't have the same family name You see what i mean ?
( i know this seem's weird to the rest of you, believe me this is a real problem...)

So please please janetgal share your experience and give me advices on how to fill this form.
thank you in advance!!!

Don use things which are unofficial

Just follow your passport, your dad's etc.
What ever on the passport is your legal name(your dad's too).
That's my opinion.

Janetgal, congrat!!!!!!

hey janetgal

First of all.Congrats you must be relieved. i am eritrean too and i was selected for DV 2010 and i am now filling the forms that i have to send to KCC.
But i have one question

As you know from where we came from, there is no family name. So we put our father first name instead. That's exactly what i did when i first applied in october.
But in the forms that i have to send they ask your father's family name, first name and middle name. What to do? If i use the same logic. I'll have to put my grandfather's name as my dad family name. But this would mean that my father and i won't have the same family name You see what i mean ?
( i know this seem's weird to the rest of you, believe me this is a real problem...)

So please please janetgal share your experience and give me advices on how to fill this form.
thank you in advance!!!

Hola,
Put your legal name there just like they appear in registrar's name and passport. Family name would be your grandpa's name while middle name would be ur papa's name. Sorry, i dont have copy of my forms here with me right now. but if u want, i can check mine n get back to ya. good luck wit everythg.

Thanks!!

Dearest Arubat,
Let me see if i get you. You made a single letter mistake in her first name in the e-application? Buddy, i made an entire error. I didnt tell them my 2nd name at all. When i got my NL, i contacted KCC regardin this and i was told they dont have the right to access the info i put online. And that i must send the CORRECT info ASAP. I hope you have not yet sent the forms back to KCC? If not, i suggest that you put the CORRECT info and send them back. I know i am not expert but thats what i did.

Secondly, what if you send the incorrect name and change her name to it? I guess it worthes a shot.