Jan 2012 N400 tracker

I am nervous. I keep thinking if I forgot something in my application. This guy who posted two posts above had his letter delivered one day after me and has already got the email confirmation. Just getting anxious. This is not a fun process.

Don't worry or get nervous.

They have introduced a form called G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance. I didn't know about it when I filed mine. Once you get your receipt, you would have chance to enroll online :)

Good Luck!

Question: if your application is not accepted or is incomplete, would USCIS still cash your check?

Last edited by a moderator:
After reading everyone's timeline, I am starting to think the Tampa Center is backed up. I know the website says they are on time but they seem to be moving slower then everyone else. I remember this being the case for the 485 as well. This really is surprising to me given it's location. If there are any other Tampa people out there please post your time line so we can compare :D

Question: if your application is not accepted or is incomplete, would USCIS still cash your check?

I seem to remember reading that if they reject your application initially for lack of paperwork they do not cash your check (Example - Not signed). But if they do cash your check and the process start then you are not entitled to a refund. I believe it boils down to when it was rejected, in your case it is to late to get a refund given that your check has been cashed. Hope this helps!

Decided to go for FP walk-in today after all because I was in the area. I don't plan on checking the status on USCIS every day but I am sure I will...

DO: Atlanta
1/10/12: Sent N 400 to Texas via USPS Express
1/11/12: Documents delivered
1/16/12: Check cashed
1/17/12: Received NOA
1/23/12: FP notice mailed
1/27/12: FP notice received, scheduled for 2/01/12
1/30/12: FP done (walk-in)

Update

I did my fingerprinting today via a walk in. I was done in less than 10 minutes, including completing all the paperwork. Called the FBI and they confirmed that my prints was sent over to USCIS...looks like its the waiting game from now on.

DO: Washington DC
Mailed : Jan 14
Received : Jan 17
NOA date: Jan 19
FP letter date: Jan 26
FP date : Jan 31 (walk in)

I did my fingerprinting today via a walk in. I was done in less than 10 minutes, including completing all the paperwork. Called the FBI and they confirmed that my prints was sent over to USCIS...looks like its the waiting game from now on.

DO: Washington DC
Mailed : Jan 14
Received : Jan 17
NOA date: Jan 19
FP letter date: Jan 26
FP date : Jan 31 (walk in)

How did you contact FBI? What is the number that you used?
I am asking this question because I am applying for N400 from Fairfax, VA region and my finger printing was done on Jan 12, 2012. My spouse also had her finger printing done at the same time. Her status changed to in line for interview scheduling 4 days after the fp appointment. However there are no updates to my case as of Jan 31. Mine still has the same old status. Is this something that I need to be concerned about and contact FBI or is this wait time normal?
Thanks

similar schedules

I seem to be on almost the exact same schedule as melnrod and smile1 above.

Went for FP today.....was scheduled at 12 noon and it took me about 7 min. for the whole thing! I was the only one in the facility with just one person after me! Now the real wait begins.......

Went for FP today.....was scheduled at 12 noon and it took me about 7 min. for the whole thing! I was the only one in the facility with just one person after me! Now the real wait begins.......

At least we all wait together :)

Man, I am getting paranoid. All a' you guys moved real fast and I havent even got any letters yet. I did not know about the G form so never received any texts/emails, check was cashed on Day 11 and still no word.

Yous guys are moving at speed of light.

Just making me a tad anxious, if you know what I mean.

Finally!!! the letter has arrived. how can i sign up for online notifications or does that come at a later stage? Thanks.

Ok I figured out how to check status online. It says 'Initial Review'.

Finally!!! the letter has arrived. how can i sign up for online notifications or does that come at a later stage? Thanks.

Ok I figured out how to check status online. It says 'Initial Review'.

Great....congrats :)...I know how stressful it can be to see everybody move forward and have no clue about your own status! So when is your FP?

My timeline

DO : Chicago,IL

1/05/12 (Day 1 ) : Sent N 400
1/06/12 (Day 2) : Received
1/10/12 (Day 5) : Sent notice
1/13/12 (Day 11) : FP notice mailed
2/03/12 (Day 29) : FP done

Great....congrats :)...I know how stressful it can be to see everybody move forward and have no clue about your own status! So when is your FP?

Thanks. I am a newbie here so not sure how I can find out about FP. I just got my first NOA. I'm guessing that soon I will receive another letter that will tell me when and where to do the FP.

Or is there a way to look this information up on the internet?

As I mentioned I did not know about the G form and did not sign up for email/text at that stage. Can I sign up for tese notifications now?