Jacksonville DO N400 Interview Experience

trygc

Registered Users (C)
Hello

I had a succesful N400 interview at Jacksonville.

Here is my timeline

Priority Date : July 2007
FP Notice : 17th September 2008
Interview : 5th November 2008 :)

The Jacksonville DO is a small office and we were given interview in the morning. We went 30 minutes before. No bags were allowed inside. So we carried everything in a binder.

I was called for the interview.

My IO is very pleasant and professional. He asked me to accompany him to his cabin. First asked me to give my passport, GC and drivers license.
Then he asked me to raise the right hand and put me on Oath to tell everything in a truthful manner. I complied with his order.

After that I took the seat. The IO went through my application and verified my address and other details. I had a traffic ticket and he mentioned it but did not ask for details. He also asked me about my latest travel date.

Then he proceeded with the New Civics test at my request.

1. Who advises the President
2. How many Justices are in the Supreme Court
3. for how long do we elect a Senator?
4. What did declaration of Independence do?
5. If the President and Vice President can no longer servce who will become the President?
6. What is one branch of the Government?

I cleared all the questions and then he asked me to read a sentence and write a sentence. He also made me sign the application and 2 photos.

Once i completed the IO finished paperwork and said congrats and handed me a letter saying my application is approved.

Thanks for this forum to finish my interview process. I especially benefitted from JonnyCash check list. The DO did not ask me for anything but I carried all those documents with me.

Thanks for the following posters whose experiences were beneficial to me.

Srimango
Tsnbagman
Tony28270
Kcpant
Akapoor
Jaxguy1
Anon_citizen
Bobsmyth

I am waiting for my Oath letter. Hopefully it should be coming in couple of months.

If any one has any questions, I would respond.

Thanks for the forum and Rajiv Khanna.

Regards
trygc

Yes, credit should first go to Mr. Khanna for putting this wonderful site up, which is one of the best immigration sites out there, and it's because of its members who make this site more useful and helpful.

Congratualtion on passing the interview...Good job.

Good luck for the Oath....

Thanks JohnnyCash

Thanks For compiling such a mastepiece document for N400. It is very detailed and helped me to understand the rationale for obtaining such documents.

Your posts were also very lucid and clarified lot of details. Great job Johnny Cash for the execellent posts.

Regards
TryGC

Hello

I had a succesful N400 interview at Jacksonville.

Here is my timeline

Priority Date : July 2007
FP Notice : 17th September 2008
Interview : 5th November 2008 :)

The Jacksonville DO is a small office and we were given interview in the morning. We went 30 minutes before. No bags were allowed inside. So we carried everything in a binder.

I was called for the interview.

My IO is very pleasant and professional. He asked me to accompany him to his cabin. First asked me to give my passport, GC and drivers license.
Then he asked me to raise the right hand and put me on Oath to tell everything in a truthful manner. I complied with his order.

After that I took the seat. The IO went through my application and verified my address and other details. I had a traffic ticket and he mentioned it but did not ask for details. He also asked me about my latest travel date.

Then he proceeded with the New Civics test at my request.

1. Who advises the President
2. How many Justices are in the Supreme Court
3. for how long do we elect a Senator?
4. What did declaration of Independence do?
5. If the President and Vice President can no longer servce who will become the President?
6. What is one branch of the Government?

I cleared all the questions and then he asked me to read a sentence and write a sentence. He also made me sign the application and 2 photos.

Once i completed the IO finished paperwork and said congrats and handed me a letter saying my application is approved.

Thanks for this forum to finish my interview process. I especially benefitted from JonnyCash check list. The DO did not ask me for anything but I carried all those documents with me.

Thanks for the following posters whose experiences were beneficial to me.

Srimango
Tsnbagman
Tony28270
Kcpant
Akapoor
Jaxguy1
Anon_citizen
Bobsmyth

I am waiting for my Oath letter. Hopefully it should be coming in couple of months.

If any one has any questions, I would respond.

Thanks for the forum and Rajiv Khanna.

Regards
trygc

Congratulations. What did they do with the documents that you gave them please?

Jacksonville Completed

TSC@ Jacksonville, FL DO

FP: 6/23/08
ID: 5/4/09 (de scheduled in october 08, and then in jan/feb 09, due to pending background verification about one of my employers , not for me. So IO asked me question like did I work for the company, who was my client, did I know if the company was in trouble etc. My company had been purchased by another big company so I think that was part of problem)
OL: 5/7/09
OD: 5/21/09
PP: 5/22/09
Notes about my processing:

Interview usual questions, with question about my visit outside the country. I explained to IO that I was outside on official visit and IO updated my N400 with this and my spouse info as was already a citizen, also about my past employer as the company was in trouble. Note was made on my applicaton and it was stated that the case could not be decided immediately. However, I got my oath within a week. I applied for passport to Houston Regional PP agency after doing oath. SSN office I went there but they said come back in 3 weeks after the immigration database is upto date with my oath information. Thanks to all of you.

Last edited by a moderator:
curious

I was just wondering what would be the answer for questions like "what did the Declaration of Independence do?". The answer as per the booklet is
A: announced our independence (from Great Britain)
A: declared our independence (from Great Britain)
A: said that the United States is free (from Great Britain)

Do we have to say all the three statements (answers) or just one is enough?

Thanks