J1

Pratap Chilukuri

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am in IT industry and my wife is a doctor and planning to take J1. I am in last stages of my Green card awaiting for I-485 to be current. What would be the best option, if she takes J1 and I did get my green card in 6 months. Any comments appreciated..

No Title

You do not want a J-1 for your wife. J-1 has the 2 year commitment to return to home country after the training is over and she would need to obtain a waiver (which is a big pain) in order to adjust her status later on.

No Title

Dear Pratap, i have been through J1 and very strongly recommend you not to get your wife on J1 because after she gets a J1 she cannot change status without going back for 2 years or a waiver job in a underserved area for 3 years. i know she must be wanting to get a residency fast but believe me if the programme cannot wait till you can get a work permit for her, let it go. Please donot get into J1 hell, i have been there and wouldnot recommend it.

No Title

J-1 is foolish option in your present situation.Only those who have to either take up J-1 or leave the country shd resort to J-1

No Title

Mustafa
It seems you have gone through the J1 hell. Well, I have no choice but go through the same. Would be grateful, if you could send me an email or provide your email address for discussion and help.
My Id : parthiv@hotmail.com
Thanks

No Title

on the G-325A biographic form.. what is an "alien registry number"? and how to i get it? and where do i send the form to? thanks for any help.. i really need to figure this out. thanks again please email me any information to comawhite@mail.nu