J1 Waiver (No Objection Case)

sauravguha

Registered Users (C)
Hi All
Recently I have received my J1 final approval notice from USCIS, here is the my time lines:
Oct 17, 2006 - Sent the NORI request documents to India to three places (HRD Delhi, Home Ministry. Jharkhand, Regional Passport office, Ranchi , Jharkhand).

Dec 15, 2006 - Received NORI from HRD, Delhi. (by post)

Jan 23, 2007 - Local Police Station at My home town Jamshedpur came for verification.

May 3rd, 2007 - Received NORI from Home Ministry. Jharkhand (By post)

June 4th, 2007 - Received NORI from Regional Passport office, Ranchi (By fax, as usual passport office didnt have any clue of my application and I made several ISD calls to them and talked to Passport officer directly. I resent my application to them by fax and managed the passport officer to give me the clearance by fax)

June 13, 2007 - Took the Case No. (online) from DOS and sent the relevant documents to DOS with fees and to NY consulate.

June 20, 2007 - Got a update case status online, Received all my documents ( except NORI)

June 26, 2007 - Received the copy of NORI from NY consulate (main copy fwd to Embassy)

July 10, 2007 - Received the copy of NORI from Embassy, DC (main copy fwd to DOS)

July13, 2007 - DOS received the NORI from embassy - appeared online

July 16, 2007 - DOS gives favorable recommendation online and sent it to USCIS

July 18, 2007 - Received the copy of favorable recommendation from DOS (main copy fwd to USCIS)

July 30, 2007 - USCIS issued the final approval notice (I-797)

Aug 4,2007 - Received I797 (I asked our International office & they told me that I-797 is all needed to file H1B)

I have one more year valid J1 visa.

Last edited by a moderator:
hello sauravguha

My J1 Vis aexpires on july shall I apply for waiver now or wait for extension of visa.Your suggestion will be higly appreciated
Hi All
Recently I have received my J1 final approval notice from USCIS, here is the my time lines:
Oct 17, 2006 - Sent the NORI request documents to India to three places (HRD Delhi, Home Ministry. Jharkhand, Regional Passport office, Ranchi , Jharkhand).

Jan 23, 2007 - Local Police Station at My home town Jamshedpur came for verification.

June 4th, 2007 - Received NORI from Regional Passport office, Ranchi (By fax, as usual passport office didnt have any clue of my application and I made several ISD calls to them and talked to Passport officer directly. I resent my application to them by fax and managed the passport officer to give me the clearance by fax)

June 13, 2007 - Took the Case No. (online) from DOS and sent the relevant documents to DOS with fees and to NY consulate.

June 20, 2007 - Got a update case status online, Received all my documents ( except NORI)

June 26, 2007 - Received the copy of NORI from NY consulate (main copy fwd to Embassy)

July 10, 2007 - Received the copy of NORI from Embassy, DC (main copy fwd to DOS)

July 18, 2007 - Received the copy of favorable recommendation from DOS (main copy fwd to USCIS)

Aug 4,2007 - Received I797 (I asked our International office & they told me that I-797 is all needed to file H1B)

Dear Sauravguha,
My JI Visa expires on July 2008.Shall I apply for waiver now or wait for extension.Your suggestions wiil be highly appreciated.

balumnair

Registered Users (C)
Hi

Anybody have any idea when can I apply for a J1 waiver? I mean I been here in US on J1 visa for last one month only. Is it like I need to wait until the expiry of my present J1 visa to apply for a waiver?

nasho

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I can help you in no objection based waiver case as i did the same. my J1 was only for one year. i started my waiver process after one month of joining. If you r also planning a no obj waiver, then I would suggest You can start the process of getting clearances from ur home country as it takes long time. Well that also depends how long you r going to stay on J1. If it is 3 years, then u can wait for one year.

What documents did you send to the authorities in India for NORI? The request letter, attested form & affidavit from embassy. Is that it? or is there anything else that goes with these document? will appreciate your reply.

need the address of Home Ministry. Jharkhand

Hi Saurav
Your information is really very helpful
I would appreciated if you send me the adddress of Home Ministry. Jharkhand
Because i am from Sindri Jharkhand and i also need NORI from Home Ministry. Jharkhand
I couldnot find exact address in website
My email is hemantbid@gmail.com
plz help me
thx
Hemant

Hi All

Hi Saurav
Thank you for your information. I am also searching for the address of Department of Home, Jharkhand and appropriate authority like the secretary to whom I can send my NORI application. The address is not available online.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Sunil

QUOTE="sauravguha, post: 1733317, member: 149154"]Hi All

I have one more year valid J1 visa.[/QUOTE]