J1 Visa stuck in administrative processing for over 2 months, need advice.

Nka

Hi everyone...
I have been reading this forum for a while as i have been going through a bit of a hard time with this visa process. I am studying in Switzerland in a hotel management university for the past 3 years and decided to do an internship in the States for 1 year before returning to complete my BA in Hotel management in 2012.
I went for my interview on the 14th of December 2010 and was given a green paper which stated that i needed a more in depth letter from my university to prove that i was to return, i submitted the letter and have been waiting ever since, the consular who interviewed me kept my passport and told me that i would have to wait a couple of weeks but should get the visa, it has now been over 2 months, my internship started in January and i am still in Switzerland waiting. I have contacted the embassy several times and its always the same story ( pending administrative processing in Washington).I was wondering how long can they keep ones passport especially if i am in Switzerland and it is not my home country? I am worried that the authorities here will question my situation as i am in Switzerland indefinitely and not enrolled in any kind of program. Does anyone have a rough idea of how long this will take? I feel like i can not go on any longer...I am a student and have been doing nothing for over 2 months now...
Everyday has been just another day, im waiting, and its really stressful. Maybe my name is a hit name, or my nationality is questionable, but i have not committed any crimes ever!

All i want to do is get on with my life....

Please help, very depressed and alone :(

Always stay ready for the worst and hope for the best.

AP is very uncertain, it has taken even years for few people, and then few days for the others there is no telling.

Thank you for your reply :)

Im still waiting anxiously....
Do you think that the fact that they have my passport still is a good thing? I dont know whether i should just ask for my passport back or just wait?
Its been almost 3 months now....
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi there, how did you get the DS2019?? my brother in in Finland and trying to come here for a 3 month intership which i got for him. We don't know what to do about the DS2019.. I wish you luck in getting a visa. I think they will give it to you. If there were going to deny they should have done so right away.