J1 Visa Extension

Sorry, it’s kind of meaningless. Why did your friend recommend this company? Just the fact that you need to pay before you know if you will be accepted or not makes it sound like a scam to me.
It is generally always better to go through something that you know is officially approved. What kind of J work would you be doing? I gave you the officially approved list above, you can at least contact a sponsor in the field you are interested in to see if they also want to pressure you to pay them $4k...? I mean, this agency might be legit but upfront deposits and pressure for lots of money in a short time after that sounds scammy. When in this process do you actually go for the visa interview?
I like the way you analyze everyone can understand it well

Hello,
I'm a J1 research scholar visa holder working as French teaching fellow in an American university in Maine. I've applied to the same position in a different university for next year and have been hired from September 1st, 2024.The problem is that I've been told that I can't renew my visa unless I spend 12 months back in France ( 12-month bar). Do you know if there aren't any other options for me? any possible extensions ? Thank you for your help!

Hello!

I am a J1 visa holder and currently waiting for my waiver. DoS received my No Objection Statement from my home country and is currently for deliberation. My visa will expire on June 2019. My visa sponsor is offering an extension of 2 years J1 visa. Since I am planning to go back to my country for my formal wedding, my questions are:

1. Can I accept the extension so I can go back to the US? Does it mean I need to waive again the 2 year home requirement?
2. While waiting for the USCIS approval notice, can I start my Adjustment of Status and application of Advance Parole?

Thank you in advance!

Yes, if you accept the extension of the J1 visa, you can return to the US after the wedding. You should be aware that accepting an extension may affect your requirement to stay in your home country for 2 years. You can also start the AOS process and file an Advance Parole while you wait for notification from USCIS. But remember to keep the status of stay valid until the AOS is accepted.