J1 visa administrative processing in Paris

JoySinha

Has anyone of you gone through J1 visa administrative processing in Paris.

The following was my experience

The visa officer said that my application requires further administrative processing. He took my CV and said that everything is fine and good but my application requires further processing in Washington. He gave me a case number, and mentioned you will receive your VISA in 2-3 weeks time. For the record I am writing the the conversation we had .

After normal greetings he asked for my fingerprints. Then Q&A followed.
VO - Where did you get your PhD from?
Me- blah blah (US univ)

VO- What was your major?
Me- my phd was in aerospace engg.

VO- What was your thesis topic on?
Me - microfluids

VO- We are sending your application to Washington for further processing? It will take 2-3 weeks time for that.
I will also email them to make it fast as your DS 2019 has a date of 15 March. Could you give me your CV?

Me:- I gave him my CV.

He then gave me a form, which is a white sheet where it is written further admin processing required and wrote the case number on the sheet. I wasn't given any pink or green sheet. He kept my passport too.
--------------------------
Now it is 21 days and my program starts on 15th march. Does anyone have any idea how much time does the Paris consulate take?

same case

I am in the same case !

I went for the interview in 10 May 2013 at Paris, just few questions like what are you doing now ? Why do you wana go to the states...And then, he said my application need further administrative proceeding...

Did u get your visa? or not yet?
How many time did you wait?
Thanks

Did u call to the USCIS national Customer Service to know the exact status of your application?

Has anyone of you gone through J1 visa administrative processing in Paris.

The following was my experience

The visa officer said that my application requires further administrative processing. He took my CV and said that everything is fine and good but my application requires further processing in Washington. He gave me a case number, and mentioned you will receive your VISA in 2-3 weeks time. For the record I am writing the the conversation we had .

After normal greetings he asked for my fingerprints. Then Q&A followed.
VO - Where did you get your PhD from?
Me- blah blah (US univ)

VO- What was your major?
Me- my phd was in aerospace engg.

VO- What was your thesis topic on?
Me - microfluids

VO- We are sending your application to Washington for further processing? It will take 2-3 weeks time for that.
I will also email them to make it fast as your DS 2019 has a date of 15 March. Could you give me your CV?

Me:- I gave him my CV.

He then gave me a form, which is a white sheet where it is written further admin processing required and wrote the case number on the sheet. I wasn't given any pink or green sheet. He kept my passport too.
--------------------------
Now it is 21 days and my program starts on 15th march. Does anyone have any idea how much time does the Paris consulate take?