J1 to J2 conversion

Pratibha Mishra

I am at presnt working here on J1 visa. I started on May 1st 2017, and initially I had the DS-2019 for 1 year, but now I come to know that my PI is moving to another city, I cant move with him. So my contract expires on june 30th. My husband is working on j1 visa too and his DS-2019 is of 2 years, my two kids are j2 on his visa. Can I apply for j1 to j2 visa living here in US, if yes then How long does it take to get that?

I am at presnt working here on J1 visa. I started on May 1st 2017, and initially I had the DS-2019 for 1 year, but now I come to know that my PI is moving to another city, I cant move with him. So my contract expires on june 30th. My husband is working on j1 visa too and his DS-2019 is of 2 years, my two kids are j2 on his visa. Can I apply for j1 to j2 visa living here in US, if yes then How long does it take to get that?

If you want proper work visa then you have other visa options also like E2 Treaty Investor visa. E2 Treaty Investor visa helps you to stay and work inside the United State and as per my search this visa process is faster than other visa. And now a days many companies are sponsor work visa to work in the United State, so this is best option for you I think so.

Feel free to contact for any visa questions.

If you want proper work visa then you have other visa options also like E2 Treaty Investor visa. E2 Treaty Investor visa helps you to stay and work inside the United State and as per my search this visa process is faster than other visa. And now a days many companies are sponsor work visa to work in the United State, so this is best option for you I think so.

Feel free to contact for any visa questions.

You do realize the post you’re responding to is over a year old?:rolleyes: