J1 student visa - Private sponsor

J1_Student

Hi i have secured admission in a couple of doctorate programs in US. 1 course requires me to pay for all expenses including tuition and in the other tuition is waived off 50%. Both may offer research assistant position (but its not guaranteed). My aim is to complete the doctorate and come back to India to work with social development sector and academics. I have also found a private sponsoring organization which is ready to fund a little more than 50% of all expenses (tuition, stay, spouse & chaild support etc). The sponsor would like me to come back to India and work with him. I have a few questions

- Does private sponsorship enhance or reduce the chances of J1 visa?
- Will 2 yr residency requirement apply in this case?
- The sponsor is not my currnet employer but is interested to employ me after doctorate. Will it strengthen my case for J1 if I join the sponsor in some capacity prior to going for visa interview or would my curent status vis-a-vis sponsor will have no bearing on the probability of granting J visa?
- Is there any statistics available about J1 student visa success rate from India? I have no benchmark to know how difficult or easy it is to get J1 student visa?
- Should the sponsoring organization transfer tuition money from its account directly to university account or is the sponsor supposed to give it to student who further releases it to university?
- What happens if the sponsor stops sponsoring mid way but I have sufficient funds to continue education? Can I continue to pay tuition and maintain valid J status?
- What documents are needed to be produced by sponsor every year towards maintenance of J1 status or DS 2019
- Is it possible to change status from J1 to F1 at some time during the course if I wish to?

Thanks for your help...