J1 NORI clearances from India

ravisangu

Hi

I recently got my affidavits attested by the Indian Embassy in Washington DC. I need to send these to three places in India to get NORI clearances. They have not provided me with any addresses. Is this normal? I have no clue where to send these documents - person?department?section? I hold a passport that was issued in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh. Can some one advise me regarding this. I want to know the addresses for sections or persons that I need to send these documents in:

1.Andhra Pradesh State Govt - Dept of Home
2.Department of Education, Ministry of Human Resources Development, Shastri Bhavan, New Delhi
3.The passport office in Hyderabad

It will be great if someone can get back to me on this.

Best wishes
Ravi

NORI Addresses

Hi

My parents contacted Shastri Bhawan yesterday and they told them that they need to go to their office in Connaught Place to get those NORI certificates. So advisable to u wud be to contact HR Ministry in Shastri bhawan and ask the exact address. Their phone no. is 011-23382947.

As far as regional passport office is concerned here is the address below:

Regional Passport Office
D. No.-8-2-215 to 219
Adjacent to Prashanth Theatre
Kummarguda, Secunderabad- 500003
Andhra Pradesh

Telephone : 040- 7704646, 7704747
Fax : 040- 7705656
E-mail: rpo.hyderabad@mea.gov.in

Your state's home department should be located in Secretariat in your state's capital. I am not sure abt exact address but it can be found out easily in capital.

I have a few questions for you if you could answer, I havent got attested documents back yet from Indian consulate in Houston, seems like your state in US comes under Indian Embassy in Washington DC. Could you pls tell me how many days it took for ur documents to get attested frm Embassy???

I appreciate it.

DJ
dheeraj212@yahoo.com