J1 conrad 30 waiver forum 2014

dungardoctor

Hi everyone,

Will highly appreciate if someone can share info.

I am a physician, my J1 visa has expired and I have returned to my home country. I signed a J1 waiver job (Conrad 30 waiver ) before i left.

Department of state has already sent a favorable recommendation to USCIS but I have not heard anything for almost 7 weeks now.

When I checked on website with my receipt number, it says "Initial review pending". Yesterday I called USCIS and they told me that they are currently working on I-612 from 15th Sept, 2013 while mine is received on Feb 3rd 2014 ?

I thought that was crazy. Does that mean my application is 4.5 months behind ? anyone else in the same boat ?

This is my timeline

Oct 30th, 2013 --- J1 waiver application filed.
Dec 22nd, 2013 --- state ( in midwest) approved (40 applicants for 30 slots) and sent it to department of state in Washington DC
Jan 27th, 2014 --- DOS approved it and sent a favorable recommendation to USCIS
Feb 3rd, 2014 --- USCIS in VERMONT received the case & issued receipt I 797 suggesting started processing.
Feb 26th 2014 --- H1b premium processing was filed while USCIS approval is pending
March 13th 2014 --- H1b processing is complete and I 129 issued (no USCIS approval notice yet)

Thanks

So when did you get the final USCIS I612
My situation is similar. My law firm applied for H1B premium after I797c notice of receipt arrived in the mail.
USCIS received favorable recommendation by DOS June 30 but the status is still INITIAL REVIEW as of 11:51 am July 31. H1B is supposed to be approved by the end of next week (premium processing).
Can't help but checking the status 4000000 times daily.
It ruined my vacation and my sleep :)