J-Hardship Waiver

4top455

Hello Folks,
I applied for my J1 Hardship waiver in April(with the USCIS) and the application was fwd-ed to DOS in July.Now the DOS case status shows:"Incomplete Information Letter" was sent out along with "Other" Requested on the same date(August 4th).

1)Anyone else rec'd similar notification from DOS?
2)Is this the same as a RFE ?
3)Im an ECFMG certified Physician from Asia and the basis for application was hardship to my usc child with medical conditions.
4)Please share your understanding so that I can prepare to respond to whatever they need to know?

Thanks in Advance!!

Hi! 4top455,
How are things going now?
I'm in the somewhat same situation with you. I applied for my J1 Hardship waiver in Dec. 2008, both to DoS and USCIS. The basis for my hardship is to my USC husband, because of the old age and difficulties. No decision was made yet, just waiting, so frustrating!
Amy

Why are you not working with an attorney? Waiting for 2 years without aggressively following up with professional legal assistance seems odd to me.

Why are you not working with an attorney? Waiting for 2 years without aggressively following up with professional legal assistance seems odd to me.

At the time of beginning, my husband and I thought we understood the policy and we could handle it by ourselves since we are older couple and the marriage of course is true. So after the wedding in Oct. 2008, we applied, and waited. While waiting, we called DoS and USCIS many many times. We made InfoPass with USCIS. We went to USCIS local office for the interview. We mailed in what they needed. We called them (both DOS and USCIS) nearly every month and got answers that my case is under processing. What can we do?
Anyway, thanks for the concern from Concerned4us.

Here is my situation:
Department of State Decision: Pending

Item Action Date
Affidavits Requested January 09, 2011 --???
Form I-612 Requested January 09, 2011
Form I-613 Requested January 09, 2011
Instruction Sheet Sent January 09, 2011 --nothing about the afficavits
Status Inquiry Received January 09, 2011
Fee Received December 18, 2008
Form DS-3035 Received December 18, 2008
Form DS-2019 Received December 18, 2008
Passport Data Page Received December 18, 2008
Letter of Representation Received December 18, 2008
Statement Of Reason Received December 18, 2008
Other Received December 18, 2008

We don't know what to do with the affidavits?
Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Amy

Last edited by a moderator:
Affidavits

Don't worry, on some occassion the DOS waits until they receive your Affidavits from the USCIS to post them.:eek: Your doing just fine.

Case delay

Amy, forgive me you should contact the USCIS ombudsmans office. All though they may have discontinued that office. 2008 filing is too long! Did they happen to send you a request for further information?

Amy, forgive me you should contact the USCIS ombudsmans office. All though they may have discontinued that office. 2008 filing is too long! Did they happen to send you a request for further information?

Thank you very much, immigrationnut.
I don't know how to contact the USCIS ombudsmans office at the moment, but I'll try.
We called USCIS quite often during the two years. They arranged our I-612 interview last year in May. And then in June as requested we sent in some more information. They told us to wait for two months. After 2 months we called, they gave us a service request number and told us to wait for 45 days. Then 45 days passed, nothing happened. So we called again, and were given two email addresses to follow up. One answer to our follow-up is that my case is in Nebraska Service Center. And then another email reply shows my case is in National Benifit Center. So we called USCIS again, and were told to wait for another 60 days.
Usually when we called USCIS, we asked to talk to some supervisor, and often we were told that the request is done and we have to wait for 45 or 60 days. In this way, 2 years passed. So frustrating!
Just now, I got an email from one supervisor, telling me that my files are still in our local office. The local office interviewed us in last May and asked us to send in more information which we did in last June.
I don't know what I can do?

Thanks again, immigrationnut,
I found Form DHS-7001, and I'm going to file it to Ombudsmans Office.
Amy

Hello,
you provided a nice information about this brand this will help us in many matters.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you

Thank you.
I hope all has turned out well.
Sorry for not responding I became ill and lost track of
everything.

Glad to be back

Sincerely,

Immigrationnut:cool:

Thank you, immigrationnut. Yes, USCIS sent I-612 and I-613, the DOS changed into:
Affidavits Received April 06, 2011
Form I-612 Received April 06, 2011
Form I-613 Received April 06, 2011
I don't know what is "the affidavits" here, but anyway "received". That's fine with me.
Many thanks to you, immigrationnut. Your input helped me a lot.

About my case, USCIS sent I-612 and I-613 to DOS last week. Perhaps Ombudsmans Office did a great job. I don't know. But my case is making progress now. Thank you very much indeed for the information of Ombudsmans.

Thank you.
I hope all has turned out well.
Sorry for not responding I became ill and lost track of
everything.

Glad to be back

Sincerely,

Immigrationnut:cool:

Thank you again. Immigrationnut.
Sorry to hear you were sick, and hope everything is fine now.
The favorable recommendation about my case is sent out recently by DOS. Hopely my I-612 can be approved soon by USCIS.
Many thanks from my husband and I to immigrationnut and concerned4us. My husband said "It's unblievable that these guys helped us so much!" More than two years, we have been getting so frustrated...

I'm glad it seems to have worked out. US government red tape as it is called can be very frustrating if you do not know the way to navigate it. We pay attorneys because they do.

I'm glad it seems to have worked out. US government red tape as it is called can be very frustrating if you do not know the way to navigate it. We pay attorneys because they do.

Thank you, Concerned4us. You're right. It's worth to pay attorneys. We thought our marriage is true, and we did not need attorneys. We were wrong.
I'm so happy that we got the I-612 approval notice now, though it took us a long, long time.
Thank you, guys.