It's been 8 and 1/2 years...

master_chari

Registered Users (C)
Here's my story...

I came to USA in Feb 1997 on H1B visa
I have been working ever since for 8 and 1/2 yrs
But, I applied my GC very late, in Jun 2001 (EB3)

I applied my I-485 in Dec 2004 through CSC
I thought I will get it approved at least in 2005
But I found out I am stuck in Name Check
And the Priority dates have retrogressed badly

I am scared of waiting for a few more years
Is there anyway I can leverage US experience?
Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Thanks everyone for the responses that give me
courage to lead the painful life in USA without a GC.

Let us stick to the main point. The amount of time
we are waiting to breathe fresh air of freedom here.

Also, we need to find or promote anyway the number of
years we are working in USA will be duly recognized.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am also in the same boat.
Came to USA in 1997.
Applied GC in 2001
Applied I-485 in 2004.
Stuck with FBI name check....

--- Waiting.. waiting...

--SSRK

Waiting for 13 years

Hi Master Chari & SSRK,
I have been waiting for the last 13 years and I am still stuck with name check on my I-485. I cam to the U.S. as a graduate student and after graduation worked here for one year and went back to Canada as a Canadian resident.(Since I did not go back to Canada I lost my Canadian residency) I stayed in Canada for a couple of years and came back to the U.S on a H1 visa and I am stuck here for my green card. I am not ready to give up on my greencard. During my course of stay over here I had gone through a lot of diificulties and I have always overcome them by patience. I am not here to advice you guys, but all I can say is to be patient and let us all pray that our name check should be cleared soon and the retrogression to be done by the end of this year. Do you guys think that everyone who has a green card is happy and has no worries! I don't think so. Most of my friends who have green card and who are citizens and who are well off have more problems and worries than I have. I think all of us should not worry too much about this and should go ahead with our normal lives and have fun with our family and friends. I will be very happy to hear from all of you if you guys have any suggestions or advice.
Cheers,
Harpath.

Well, guess what I have a friend and he came over here in 1987 and still stuck. He is still wating for his labor. anyone is worse than this?

Hello Harpath
I appreciate your approach Harpath. I hope and pray that your GC will be approved soon.

I've been waiting for 7.5 years now. My present problem is Name Clearance and Retrogression. Took agonizing 5 years to get my LC. Now the name check.

If you have anyinformation on the following please let me know.
My name check has been pending almost an year now. I have my 2nd FP notice got last week. Are they going to do a new name check with this FP?
Or are they going to wait for the old one? How long a Name check results are valid?

I wish you all the luck Harpath.

babu.

we have been waiting for so long time. wait another several years may not be a problem as long as they can tell us by when we can get it. the uncertainity is killing us. we don't know what will be the next. especially the name check. no one can find the real status.

Hi All,

I have read it many times on this forum that someone is stuck in Name Check?

How do we find that out? I guess my question is how do i find out where my 485 application is stuck and since how long?

thanks!

unending_proces said:
my question is how do i find out where my 485 application is stuck and since how long?

By Calling directly to Service center (not customer support ppl),
they would let u know about actual status or stage ur case is on.

You may also send email about Name Check Stauts,
FBI NNCP (National Name Check Process) email address..
FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov

the avg reply time is 3-4 months.

Good Luck

master_chari said:
I came to USA in Feb 1997 on H1B visa
I have been working ever since for 8 and 1/2 yrs
I am scared of waiting for a few more years
Is there anyway I can leverage US experience?
Any advice is greatly appreciated!

First of all I would like to say that plz don't count this reply as preach, I am just sharing my opinion.

Sometime in life things doesn't go as we expect there would be some good reason, we may don't know now but God(whatever ur beliefs are or name him) knows that. If there is delay there would be some reason in our favor.

Do whatever struggle you can for G.C, beside it, Practice your faith(whatever ur beliefs are), Make your faith very strong unshakeable, Trust on God and pray. Think on this way if G.C is written in your luck it would come on right time and no-one can stop it.

Very Important things to und, that G.C is not everything in life, many ppl who focus too much on G.C or on few material sucess, Usually loose their balance in other part of life. they also much look around themselves fo find happiness in life by trying focus on most precious thing like loved ones. and life other matters.

What is Happiness and sucess of life? you may find a very good knowledge/wisdom in a book 'Seven Laws for Spiritual Success" by "Dr, Deepak Chopra".

This is NOT a religious book and not representing any particular religion, neither the laws was invented/created by Author, The Law is Universal Law and it is shared/explained by 'Dr Chopra' very wisely.

All I can say, those ppl who are looking for some guide, and help to understand and find solution of the situation they are in, they should try to understand the 'Law of detachment' .

Before you start, understand the EGO.

Do you know people who:

Desperately try to get or buy something, only to be disappointed and bored when they finally do get it!

Feel other people are to blame for their suffering? - like a victim? - they constantly talk about their past suffering? like a broken record (but do nothing about resolving the issues)

Use guilt trips, emotional blackmail, threats & ultimatums to get what they want?

Think they are the best, (arrogant, vain) and feel other people should treat them with respect?

Know our vulnerabilities and push our buttons?

Crave attention? - through intimidating (bullying) / interogating / being a victim, or being aloof?

Seek approval? and they only like people who praise and agree with them ? (Narcissistic Leader)

Are often unhappy? feeling restless, agitated, distracted, unconscious, dissatisfied?

Regularly have the following mental states: envy, jealousy, greed, desire, lust, hatred, anger, pride, self centredness?

Often say,'what's in it for me?'

Talk about 'me, me, me', or 'I, I, I'

or maybe you are like this, sometimes ?

Ego is the absence of true knowledge of who we really are, together with its result: a doomed clutching on, at all costs, to a cobbled together and makeshift image of ourselves, an inevitably chameleon charlatan self that keeps changing, and has to, to keep alive the fiction of its existence.

In Tibetan, ego is called dakdzin , which means “grasping to a self.” Ego is then defined as incessant movements of grasping at a delusory notion of “I” and “mine,” self and other, and all the concepts, ideas, desires, and activities that will sustain that false construction.

This is most often the false self - the negative ego talking!!

"Every single negative thing we have ever thought or done has ultimately arisen from our grasping at a false self, and our cherishing of that false self, making it the dearest and most important element in our lives. All those negative thoughts, emotions, desires, and actions that are the cause of our negative karma are engendered by self-grasping and self-cherishing. They are the dark, powerful magnet that attracts to us, life after life, every obstacle, every misfortune, every anguish, every disaster, and so they are the root cause of all the sufferings of samsara." (Sogyal Rinpoche)

Law of Karma
Every action generates a force of energy that returns to us in like kind...what we sow is what we reap. And when we choose actions that bring happiness and success to others, the fruit of our karma is happiness and success.

Witness Choices in each moment - best to be fully conscious / aware in the moment

Evaluate Consequences of your choices - will choice bring happiness to those around me

Listen with your Heart -ask your heart for guidance - be guided - look for feeling of comfort / discomfort​

Law of least effort
Nature's intelligence functions with effortless ease...with carefreeness, harmony, and love. And when we harness the forces of harmony, joy, and love, we create success and good fortune with effortless ease.

Practise Acceptance - accept people as are - know that this moment is as it is supposed to be

Take Responsibility for actions, not blaming others/ thinhgs

Have your awareness in Defenselessness - no need to persuade others - don't be attached rigidly to one point of view

Law of Giving and Receiving
The universe operates through dynamic exchange...giving and receiving are different aspects of the flow of energy in the universe. And in our willingness to give that which we seek, we keep the abundance of the universe circulating in our lives.

Give something to everyone you meet eg. not necessarily money, can be gift, compliment, or silent blessing or prayer.

Be open to receive from others. Gratefully Receive gifts, nature, sunlight, snow etc.

Make commitment to Circulate, caring, appreciating and loving

Pure Potentiality
The source of all creation is pure consciousness...pure potentiality seeking expression from the unmanifest to the manifest. And when we realize that our true Self is one of pure potentiality, we align with the power that manifests everything in the universe.

Practise Silent Meditation - 15 minutes in morning & night, ideally 30mins dawn & dusk

Commune With Nature - appreciate the beauty

Practise Non-Judgement - say to yourself Today I shall Judge Nothing

Law of Intention and desire
Inherent in every intention and desire is the mechanics for its fulfillment...intention and desire in the field of pure potentiality have infinite organizing power. And when we introduce an intention in the fertile ground of pure potentiality, we put this infinite organizing power to work for us.

Present Moment Awareness - slip into silence

List Desires - keep them to yourself

Release your desires to the Universe - relinquishing attachment and outcome

Law of detachment
In detachment lies the wisdom of uncertainty...in the wisdom of uncertainty lies the freedom from our past, from the known, which is the prison of past conditioning. And in our willingness to step into the unknown, the field of all possibilities, we surrender ourselves to the creative mind that orchestrates the dance of the universe.

Commit self to Detached Involvement - no rigid or forced solutions

Wisdom of Uncertainty leads to freedom -

Open to Infinite Possibilities of choices and outcomes​

Law of Dharma
Everyone has a purpose in life...a unique or special talent to give to others. And when we blend this unique talent with service to others, we experience the ecstasy and exultation of our own spirit, which is the ultimate goal of all goals.

Discover the Higher Self - beyond and above ego - spend time in silence

List Your Unique Talents - that lead to state of bliss

Serve Others - ask yourself how can I help? Rather tham what's in it for me - share more, treat people like your brother's and sister's​

---------------------------------------------------

Wish you all Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
POJ:

Where do you get so much time & energy to post such a long post with colors and all that ?!?!?

Wow :D

Hi Babu,
Thank you for your prayers. I am sorry to reply a little late becausce I was out for most of the time. I don't think they will do a name check for every finger print. so don't worry about that. I am not sure if you had gone through a congressman/congresswoman/senator to expedite your name check. If you have not gone through one of the above channels, I would suggest you to go through one of them. If you need to find out who your congress person is kindly go ahead and check the following link --http://www.house.gov/---
If you need to select a senator you can select Barbara Boxer or Diane Feinstein who are suppose to be very helpful on immigration. I wish you good luck to you and everyone in this forum. I will be taking my day off tomorrow and will be back on Monday. Kindly contact me with questions and I will get back to you on Monday. Have a good weekend and all my prayers for you and evryone for a speedy approval on our namecheck and I-485.
Cheers,
Harpath