ITIN - Last name incorrect

hopeIgetit

Registered Users (C)
Gurus need help

My wifes last name has been printed incorrect on the ITIN and I used the same while filing the taxes,

Does this lead to any RFE during the 485 process, also i would like to correct last name for her with IRS or the org which issued the ITIN can some one guide me how i can do that

Thanks in advance

485 RD Sept 18th 2002.

I could figure it out

Here is the process I could find out , hope this will help someothers if and when required

called the IRS number and they gave their ITIN dept number... the number is 215-516-4846, called this number and explained the issued to a friendly customer rep, she asked me to fax over the copy of the current ITIN card, and a copy of the identification where the name is printed correctly with a small note requesting to correct the error.

The fax number is :215-516-1172

Cheers

I have a similar problem. On my Wife's ITIN, I had put the married name - Her First Name + My family name .I had filed tax returns for the last two years with the married name. but her passport has her maiden name. Will this cause any problem on 485? I noticed that I have to submit my tax returns copy and found that it has her Married name which is different from the application that has maiden name.

My doubt is will that be a issue while filing 485?
Can I change the Name in ITIN back to Maiden name ? Even If I did, the Tax returns will stay have the married name. Should I then file for tax amendment?

Please help .

I have a similar problem. On my Wife's ITIN, I had put the married name - Her First Name + My family name .I had filed tax returns for the last two years with the married name.
but her passport has her maiden name. Will this cause any problem on 485?

--- She should chane her nane on Passport to married name. she can get new copy of passport from Consulate. Her name on Passport and I-485 form, tax papers , DL, ID,should be same so that no confusion in future .

I noticed that I have to submit my tax returns copy and found that it has her Married name which is different from the application that has maiden name.

My doubt is will that be a issue while filing 485?
Can I change the Name in ITIN back to Maiden name ? Even If I did, the Tax returns will stay have the married name. Should I then file for tax amendment?

Please help .
-------------------------- better to keep the same name on tax papers, SSN card, DL ,state ID, Form I-485 and all the forms in future. the name on form I-485 is going to be on EAD, AP and GC.