Issues At Poe For F-1 Holder Who Married Gc Holder

dharmender

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I understand that if GC holder is married to F-1 holder and when F-1 holder goes out of USA and wants to come back to USA, that person can be denied admission to USA(due to immigration intent). But what are the chances of this denial? Do you know any real cases where it happened?
From immigration.com and other portals, i got sense that inspite of this known potential issue, GC holders are married to F-1 holders. How do F-1 holders manage to come back to USA?

This is very important for me to know as I will decide to marry an F-1 visa person based on feedback.

Thanks

This is very important for me to know as I will decide to marry an F-1 visa person based on feedback.
so, you won't marry her if there is a potential problem with her coming back to the US until she can get an immigrant visa?

We can not wait for her to get immigrant visa due to the fact that getting H1B is also totally luck based now. So we won't be able to marry at all. This is arranged marriage not love marriage, so we can move on with our lives if this visa thing doesnt work. Secondly, she got a 7 yr kid too so we dont want to take risky route. But since we found each other to be very compatible match for each other, we want to make all of our efforts to make it work...

It is not practical for her not to leave USA for atleast next 5 years (I got my GC last month only). But it seems people still marry in this situation. How do they manage?

so, you won't marry her if there is a potential problem with her coming back to the US until she can get an immigrant visa?

Last edited by a moderator:
It is not practical for her not to leave USA for atleast next 5 years (I got my GC last month only). But it seems people still marry in this situation. How do they manage?
Well, let's see. I didn't marry, but I did maintain my F-1 status for 10 years. Last time I went back to my country was in 2001. You get used to it.

You should have probably married before you got your GC.