Issue with H4 to H1b (cos) SSN

Swetha_g

Urgent - Recently my H1b approved from H4 as a change of status (cos). Today went to SSN office in California to apply SSN and submitted i797A. But she took my i94 (which was old, when I entered USA) and said your on h4 visa, you need to get a card or updated i94. We won’t go with i797A.

Did anyone faced the same? If so what steps you followed?

Can some one please suggest on this.
Thanks in advance

Maybe there's some misunderstanding. The I-797A came with a new H1b I-94 as part of the page. That is now your I-94, and supersedes the I-94 that you got at entry. The I-94 you got at entry is no longer valid, and should not be presented.

Maybe there's some misunderstanding. The I-797A came with a new H1b I-94 as part of the page. That is now your I-94, and supersedes the I-94 that you got at entry. The I-94 you got at entry is no longer valid, and should not be presented.
Thanks for the response, went to another SSN office and explained the same. Finally they accepted and approved.

Hi, I am also facing the same issue....however i explain to them they are saying there is some mismatch and forwarding my documents to uscis and after 40 days of verification , ssn office people saying USCIS is not processing my application.

Hi, I am also facing the same issue....however i explain to them they are saying there is some mismatch and forwarding my documents to uscis and after 40 days of verification , ssn office people saying USCIS is not processing my application.
What did you do next , did you go back to foreign county and come back to USA?