Is USC's birth certificate required at the interview?

thundering

Registered Users (C)
Hi, Everyone:

As the interview is approaching, I have started to prepare some documents. I have a quick question: My wife is US citizen but she was not born here in the US. Is her birth certificate required at the interview or just her passport and naturalization certificate are enough? Apparently getting her a birth certificate after so many years of being in the US is anything but easy. Anyone has similar experience?

Thanks,

L.

Her passport should suffice, however, If you could get her Bc that would eliminate the possibility of them aking for it, further delaying the case

It is really up to the IO what they will except.

My wife BC is in cyrillic...from the former Soviet Union (it's kinda like a small green passport).
Do I need to get it translated and bring it?
I mean, what could they possibly do with it? Making sure, again (she's a USC), of her date of birth?
Isn't BC for the sponsor to prove that he/she is a US citizen?
I think that if the sponsor is a USC by naturalization, we should just bring his/her certificate of naturalization and US passport.

If the person was not a US "born" citizen the requierement that applies to proof that she is a US citizen is the US passport or naturalization certificate.

sarrebal said:
My wife BC is in cyrillic...from the former Soviet Union (it's kinda like a small green passport).
Do I need to get it translated and bring it?
I mean, what could they possibly do with it? Making sure, again (she's a USC), of her date of birth?
Isn't BC for the sponsor to prove that he/she is a US citizen?
I think that if the sponsor is a USC by naturalization, we should just bring his/her certificate of naturalization and US passport.

I am of the opinion that you don't need it, but if you're going to bring it, get a certified translation, otherwise it is absolutely useless.

If your wife has a US passport, she obvsiously went through the process of veryfying her BC at some point in time during her immigration application. It makes no sense as to why the BC would be needed again.

My $0.02.

I agree with eddie-
If she has a US Passport ( current) that shoul dbe enough,
Don't bring a foreign BC without a certified translation,

In my opinion is is better to have more documents on hand and not be asked to present them than not having the right doucments on hand and having the IO ask for them , then if you do not have everything that can further delay your case,

Bring original Naturalization Cert. & Current US Passport

Also bring Certified copy of Marriage Liscense .

along with adequate support evidence of relationship.

Good Luck