Is US Green Card holder can enter in to Canada with his Green Card?

divakarap

Registered Users (C)
Is US Green Card holder can enter in to Canada by road with his Green Card? Did he require showing his passport while entering? Some people telling no passport are required to enter into Canada with US Green Card.

Please guide me.

Thanks

Ram

No passport required while entering.

No passport required while entering. I entered in Canada on USA GC 2 times. And I hsowed only USa GC at Canada border, not passport. But Ialways kep with me, in case they want to see.

What is the problem, if you keep passport in your bag. dont show them, until they ask you to show.

Here my concern is I have green cards from USA & Canada (Off course it is called as Permanent residency Card). I want to keep both of them for another couple of years.

I have one subsequent question. Is Canadian & American Immigration authorities asked what is your status of leaving country? I heard that, usually they are asking while entering into Canada they will ask what is your status in Canada even you are showing your US Green Card, and while returning US authorities asks what is your status in Canada. Are you experienced such questions?

Appreciate your information.

Thanks

Diva

I have another question too on this subject, My greencard approved recently in the USA and I have only temp. stamp on my passport . Card will come in few months. Can I travel to Canada without visa but with temp stamp on my passport?

Divakar, It is smooth experience. Murad, no idea abt your question.

DivakarP,

I am in same status as you. I visited Canada 3 times. Nobody asked me, what is your status in leaving country while leaving.

While entering in Canada, USA people will not stop you. Canada authority will stop you and ask your status of USA. You will show them USA GC. After that, they will ask your intention to visit Canada. Say, I want to visit friends for 1 week or so.

While entering in USA, Canada people will not stop you. USA authority will stop you and ask your status in USA. You will show them USA GC. After that, they will let you enter in USA.

It was comfortable experience always for me.

Murad, I beleive you should have not any problem. Good Luck.

i have a question

Here my concern is I have green cards from USA & Canada (Off course it is called as Permanent residency Card). I want to keep both of them for another couple of years.

I have one subsequent question. Is Canadian & American Immigration authorities asked what is your status of leaving country? I heard that, usually they are asking while entering into Canada they will ask what is your status in Canada even you are showing your US Green Card, and while returning US authorities asks what is your status in Canada. Are you experienced such questions?

Appreciate your information.

Thanks

Diva

so do u show ur US green card when u go to canada or both ......backnforth???/