Is this an approval message?

Positive4GC

Registered Users (C)
Friends,
My case was transferred from VSC to TSC in Feb 07 and I received notices for myself and spouse. Today I receive an email from USCIS as below. Could any of you explain what could this be?

Current Status: Document OTHER THAN CARD manufactured and mailed.

On April 11, 2007, we mailed the document we manufactured based on our
earlier approval of this case, and mailed it to the address on we have
on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do
not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.

It usually comes up when an INS notice comes back to them....due to undeliverable mail....they usually check AR11 database and re-dispatch the mail to the new address....it could be FP notice or so...check with your lawyer..

It usually comes up when an INS notice comes back to them....due to undeliverable mail....they usually check AR11 database and re-dispatch the mail to the new address....it could be FP notice or so...check with your lawyer..

I changed my address in Nov and I got confirmations that my case is transferred to TSC. All this happened over a month now. Why did all of a sudden I got this mail.

I even received my finger print notice to the new address. Can you share more info.

Its NOT an approval of 485 !! I was hoping for the same when this LUD happened a month ago. But it turned out that this strange LUD was because of undeliverable mail that was resent.

Got same message for AP (I-131)

Do you know if the same logic applies to I-131 (AP) also. I recieved a mail that AP was approved but LUD online reads "Document other than card mailed".. We received EAD approval without any problems, so it's hard to believe that it's an address problem.

Do you know if the same logic applies to I-131 (AP) also. I recieved a mail that AP was approved but LUD online reads "Document other than card mailed".. We received EAD approval without any problems, so it's hard to believe that it's an address problem.

For AP, it often means approval.

for 131 and 485 it is different.

And it not real approval for 485

For AP, you can also get two things, AP approval notice or AP denial notice....Since denial is rare....most likely...the notice is an approval notice...

For I-485...the notices that USCIS may send, can be numberous, RFE, FP Notice, Address Change confirmation notice etc...so, it's difficult to predict which notice...