Is there a limit to the number of H1 transfers I can file while current I-94 has expired?

msa24

My Immigration Scenario:

I got laid off from my Company A who also held my H-1B work visa on November 17, 2017.
The I-94 for this visa was valid till May 31, 2018.

H1-Transfer #1
I got an H1 transfer filed from Company B on January 19, 2018.
I got an RFE on this petition on March 14, 2018 whose reply was due on June 9, 2018.
The RFE was responded to in time.

Pay stubs were also generated from Company B which I used to file an H1 transfer with Company C on June 28, 2018 (H1-Transfer #2).
As of today, no RFE has been received on the petition from Company C, however, I did receive an eventual Denial on the petition from Company B on August 9, 2018.

Now, I have received a FULL-TIME offer letter from a Company D, who needs me to transfer my H1 to them (H1-Transfer #3).
I do have valid pay stubs from Company C for the last few months to use for the transfer however, I have some questions.

My questions are:

• Is there a limit to the number of H1 transfers I can file (with different employers) while not having a valid I-94
  • NOTE: My I-94 expired on May 31, 2018.

• To my understanding, my legal status in the country is still active and good since I'm getting paystubs generated with my work visa holding companies. Is this the correct assumption?

• Is there any problem in filing for my H1 transferred to Company D now?

NOTE: I have an approved I-140 from Company A with the approval issued on October 31, 2016 so all further H1 extensions are based on it.

With so many H-1B's filed on your behalf you need to clearly indicate to USCIS when all previous petitions were filed by each company supported by pay stubs. I have a feeling that USCIS might approve your H-1B but deny extension of status for which you have to step out of country & re-enter b'coz between this time when so many H-1B's were filed USCIS might assume you might not have maintained H-1B status.