is "Name Check" same as "investigation for your background"

josamdee

Registered Users (C)
:confused:
I received an email from USCIS on status enquiry. Is this the "Name check" or it is some other TIMEPASS started by the MORONS :mad:

=======================================
The status of this service request is:

Processing of your I-485 application has been delayed. This case is not yet ready for decision, the required investigation for your background remains open. We will make every effort to make a decision on this case as soon as the background checks are complete, which was done by different agency. These background checks are required to all applicants who apply for the immigration benefit you are seeking. You will be notified once we come up with the decision. In the future, inform us to update any changes in our system, by calling our customer service at the number that was provided below.

josamdee said:
:confused:
I received an email from USCIS on status enquiry. Is this the "Name check" or it is some other TIMEPASS started by the MORONS :mad:

I received a response from NSC where they used very much choice of words except there was no "by different agency" part. Some internal name check?