Is Name Check done multiple time during the 485 journey?

GC_Very_Soon

Registered Users (C)
Is the Name Check done multiple times during the I-140/485 approval process? I read somewhere that name check is valid only for 35 days and now they have increased the validity to 90 days! (don't know what that means).

I had sent a Name Check inquiry to FBI and got a response that the record check was completed on Jan 11, 2003. My 1st EAD was approved before that and I140 after that. I just did my second FP last week. Now, I am not sure if there will be another name check or once the FP is cleared by FBI I can hope to get approved.

Any thoughts?

GC_Very_Soon said:
Is the Name Check done multiple times during the I-140/485 approval process? I read somewhere that name check is valid only for 35 days and now they have increased the validity to 90 days! (don't know what that means).

I had sent a Name Check inquiry to FBI and got a response that the record check was completed on Jan 11, 2003. My 1st EAD was approved before that and I140 after that. I just did my second FP last week. Now, I am not sure if there will be another name check or once the FP is cleared by FBI I can hope to get approved.

Any thoughts?

Name Check is done only once throughout the entire I485 process.

vrajbhumi said:
Name Check is done only once throughout the entire I485 process.

Vrajbhumi, why are you so sure? do/could you please provide some reliable source to support your response? Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to believe in what you said, I've just gone through my 3rd FP, and waiting for interview by the end of this month, so I, more than any one, wish I don't need to wait another NAME CHECK to be finalized to in order get the stamp on my PP.

:cool:

Thank you very much!