Is my employer still responsible to pay my plane ticket to go back to my country of citizenship?

princetn

I was on h1b with a US employer and during my last 2 or 3 months working for this employer before the termination date I petitioned for I-140 NIW and filed simultaneously I-485, I-131 and I-765. After three months of my petition I obtained an EAD card with travel authorization combined in one card this happened before I lose my h1b status. However today I received an email from uscis that says they mailed me a denial notice for my I-140 petition. So I assume this will imply that all the other document will be automatically canceled. In the mean time, however, before this happened, when my assignment with my previous employer was terminated they offered to pay for one way plane ticket for me to go to my country of citizenship. Now do you think they will still honor that if I asked them to pay/get me a one way plane ticket? They already know that I had an ead card and I was not required to depart the country at the time of separation but since things have changed now and that my petition for green card national interest waiver for alien worker was denied at the Nebraska center. I probably must leave the country and go back to my country of citizenship. All I need will my employer be responsible or not for my travel back home.
Since the separation I stayed unemployed. The reason for this is probably my supervisor because the conflict we had he probably whenever he was contacted by a new employer he might have been screwing me over. Now I am still unemployed for over 4 months. This ridiculous provided how skilled I am in my field. I have been always a brilliant engineer and mathematician.

Thanks