Is my attorney lying? Anyone else have a similar experience?

sriram1975

Registered Users (C)
Hi friends. I have a question. My attorney filed for my labor RIR and it was received on Nov 28.
Sometime in Jan, there was a query asking for details about my employer's projects and duration. That was provided sometime in mid Jan. I believe after that someone from Labor department came to check setup of a office. I think they were satisfied. But there is no word yet on my labor approval. I just spoke to my attorney and he says that the processing dates in DOLETA website might not accurately reflect cases that are pending and some might take more time. He says there is no problem with my application so far and there are no queries after the first one.
What do you think? Has this happened to anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing will satisfy in your situation. Call Montana SESA about your case. BTW when did you file it and what is the current date on web-site?

They maybe right but I smell something fishy. If there was an inspection - your company was on their list for a long time. Also do not belv if lawyer/employer says everything went fine. What else could you expect from them in any case?

sriram1975

sriram1975
Ask your employer/lawyer to write them regarding case status and get a copy of it. Without that you are standing no where. Atleast you will be satisfied at an extent.

Thanks for your replies Jharkandi and assur.
I sense something is missing and things don't add up. My attorney said they(SWA) received my app on Nov 2003. I'm guessing even if I come in Dec'2003 as per DOLETA's website they are processing RIR cases for Jan'2004. So mine should have been approved right? :( Unless they changed my case to non-RIR. But if that is the case they (SWA) will inform the attorney right? I'm confused! My attorney is an useless guy. I have to push him and prod him to do anything.

Try to get some info from the link for locations of your company.
http://www.flcdatacenter.com/

Thanks assur.
I checked the link and my company is not listed. However I havent seen any approved labor after 11/26/2003 and mine was filed on 11/28 and the website says data is current as of Dec 03, 2003. So maybe they are slow.

I was informed like an hour ago that my Labor was approved on Feb 6 (RIR) from SWA and forwarded to Denver Regional Office.
That puts to rest my fears of what was happening with my labor. Well At least for now!
Thanks Jharkandi and assur for your advice. :D

Good sriram1975. You will see your case on that link once DOL has worked on your case - not before that and once when they update for your processing time in DOL.