• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Is it safe to delay D.S 260 submission? (DV 2019)

Seko_

Hello everyone,

I am little excited, please forgive me if I am asking a stupid question.
I try to ask my question in britsimonsays website but somehow it is not visible, probably considered as spam.
I will try my chance also here.

On May 15, 2018, I have been selected for DV 2019, with case number 2019AS000003XX in Japan.
I would like to delay the process as long as possible to have a interview in April 2019. Because I don't have any holidays until March 2019 (my company is very strict on that...). That's why I try to delay interview date as far as possible. If I could get the visa, I can transfer to my company's U.S. branch.

In other posts I read that people with case number EU36XX (DV2018) submit DS-260 on January 2018 and had interview in April 2018.

My questions are;
1) Is there any chance that number of given visas reach the limit if I submit DS-260 on January 2019?
2) Is being submitting that late will cause another problem

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
As Emily says, no problems submitting late BUT you can’t be sure when your interview will actually be. Processing time of DS260s is not consistent across years or even at different times in the same year.

I wouldn’t take the risk in delaying it to be honest. Grab your interview while you still can

Thank you, all, for sharing your thoughts.
I plan to submit DS260 on January.
I will write here about the result when I have the interview.