Is it possible to a new immigrant coming from india on a gc to find a new job? I am from India. EB5?

comedychiru

Hello all,

I am considering for EB5. of what is given in this forum and all other forums out there, it is a easy process of obtaining a gc through an eb5 (regional center option). And I don't really know how business go on in the us. I mean I could invest in some subway franchise etc or retail or fast foods chain etc as mentioned by others in the forum.

My question is whether it is easy to find anew job any job would do, I am proficient at computer coding but I am okay with any kind of job to start the new life. As I come from India, I am happy with any kind of job. I don't expect too much in salaries. As I am going away from my country, I am not expecting any sudden fortune.

My friends say that it is possible to fetch a new coder job easily, if we try out few job consultancies.

If anyone out there read this and understood what I am asking for, Please dont hesitate to share your knowledge.

Thanks a lot in advance.

First and foremost, I would advise you to go on direct investment as opposed to RC simply due to the fact that the risk is higher and return on investment a lot lower if you use a regional center. I sincerely advise you to consult an attorney to confirm that RC is not the only option, and the difference in processing time between a direct investment and RC is not so great.

As for the coding job, look @ the employment statistics and look at the user forums. There are experienced coders with US experience who're unemployed, so it is unlikely you, without US experience, will have a lot of luck.

Ultimately, you are the best person to decide how you wish to use your time and money. You could opt for a low end job paying USD 2-4,000 a month, working at the mercy of others, and hope to get 3-6% annual ROI on your $1,000,000 investment, with a very high risk of losing all or part of your investment to pay for someone else's errors of judgement in business. Or, you could go for having your own chain of businesses, where you'd realistically expect to take home at least $14,000 month after taxes, with a significantly lower amount of risk. I mean, realistically speaking, there are thousands of reports of developers and builders making huge losses throughout the US, while in 8 years, I've yet to see a 7/11 or a Subway or Testing Center or Super 8 Motel or Dairy Queen run into losses, leave alone losing capital even in this sustained downturn in the economy.

Now ask yourself: What do you think is a better choice to make concerning your life and your money?

banks in my country offer 6% interest per year on saving in US DOLLARS ..so why would you invest money in the USA when you can just put them in the bank and not care whats going on ..if you decided to keep the money longer then a year in the bank you might get annual interest of 7 -8 %

You can give it to banks @ 6% in your country, or invest in businesses out here that offer 15-35% annual ROI after taxes in this country.

Let's do the math:

$1,000,000 deposited in the bank gets you $60000 before taxes in your country, which actually means less now due to inflation reducing the actual value of money

compared with

$2,000,000 ($1,000,000 equity plus $1,000,000 debt) put to work in a business @ only 20% annual ROI after taxes = $400,000. Subtract interest expense of $80,000 (8% rate of interest on conventional commercial loan) and also subtract 35% income tax ($112,000), to get an annual return of at least $208,000 for even a businessman who has no head for business.

Also, let's assume you're from either China or India (which is where many of my client are from). Here you've better education for your kids if you live in a nice area, better law and order, better amenities, etc.

So Nick66, who in their right mind would put their money in a bank to earn a pittance while they can invest in a business and make at least 3.5 times the amount of money? If you prefer earning less for your money, lend it to me and I will pay you 9% per annum for your million and that is even better than your bank :)

You can give it to banks @ 6% in your country, or invest in businesses out here that offer 15-35% annual ROI after taxes in this country.

Let's do the math:

$1,000,000 deposited in the bank gets you $60000 before taxes in your country, which actually means less now due to inflation reducing the actual value of money

compared with

$2,000,000 ($1,000,000 equity plus $1,000,000 debt) put to work in a business @ only 20% annual ROI after taxes = $400,000. Subtract interest expense of $80,000 (8% rate of interest on conventional commercial loan) and also subtract 35% income tax ($112,000), to get an annual return of at least $208,000 for even a businessman who has no head for business.

Also, let's assume you're from either China or India (which is where many of my client are from). Here you've better education for your kids if you live in a nice area, better law and order, better amenities, etc.

So Nick66, who in their right mind would put their money in a bank to earn a pittance while they can invest in a business and make at least 3.5 times the amount of money? If you prefer earning less for your money, lend it to me and I will pay you 9% per annum for your million and that is even better than your bank :)

maybe you should say that 75%OF ALL BUSINESS IN THE USA FAIL...just a thought ..you say you never heard about 7/11 OR GAS STATION OR SUBWAY FAILS ..WELL SUBWAY fails and also 7/11..;;that profit you promise is just a very bad idea ..think like this ..IF WHAT YOU SAY IS TRUE THEN EVERYONE WOULD BE INVESTING INTO SUBWAYS ..AND AS WE ALL KNOW THATS NOT HAPPENING
Now just by chance my first job was in SUBWAY when I came over ..owner was some Korean guy ..he was working 80hours week with members of his family + 4 of us filling in the shifts ..all in all he was making clean profit of about 100 000+-20 000 depends of the year ..now considering that 3 members of his family worked with him it comes around that each of them earned 25 000 for average 50 HOURS WORK WEEK FULL 52 WEEKS A YEAR -THEY NEVER TOOK HOLIDAYS ..problem with all those franchises is that they ask for lots of money for the licence but the profit margin GOES to THEIR ADVANTAGE and not the people who "invested "..like many business opportunities in the USA that one is bordering financial scam rather then legitimate business..only of you can get some really good location you might make some serious money but those are taken long time ago ..so your promise abut 15-35 %return is I should say a fantasy ..maybe 10% return if you are lucky (REALLY LUCKY);;this Korean guy would need to work about 15-20 YEARS to get back the money he invested with SUBWAY ...

I mean I would run SUBWAY FRANCHISE ONLY IF THEY GIVE IT TO ME FOR FREE

about GAS STATION SAME THING ..location location location ..if the location is good then no worries but all the good one are long gone

same thing for 7/11..just on the corner of my old place there is a 7/11..in the period of 4 years that I lived there that 7/11 had different owners and third one moving when I was about the leave that part of the town ..they all gone bust within a 6 moths to a year ..mostly Indian or Bangladeshi I think ...lost the money .;fired people and worked themselves in the shop and yet they FAILED ...last guy went into debt of more then 60 000 dollars on top of his initial investment

problem with those business you offer is very simple .;its way too many of them ..and they don't turn the profit fast enough..now I heard that in the 80s and 90s it was a good business but now ..its all but gone ..same thing with pizza shops and similar stuff .;you cant beat corporations such as PIZZA HUT OR DOMINOS' and if you decide to buy franchise from them you just gonna be a regular employee with marginally higher salary then someone who is just working in those shops and no life

now I understand your position..you want to make money of suckers who wants to come here and greed is driving them to invest their money in some "usa business "thinking they gonna be leading the same life they see on tv as "regular american family" but its not gonna happen for any of them ..

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Nick,

With 2,000,000 (50 % debt and 50% equity) invested, you are ignoring the fact that an investor can easily operate at least TWO 7/11's or at least 3-4 Subways or 1 big motel to begin with. After that, it doesn't take a genius to use the extra cash flow to pay off the debt quickly and keep expanding. So, your example of the Korean guy is atypical as he only had one store and usually Eb5 investors go with MULTIPLE stores.

Second, I would love to see a Subway or 7/11 failing unless it is due to business dispute or owner not actively managing (as opposed to managing and operating) the shops. The 10% return you say is IMPOSSIBLE if you select a good location, be it for Subway or Quiznos or Dairy Queen or Dunkin Donuts or a testing center. Even a motel makes decent money and I know this because I've been a broker for almost 8 years now. So, unless you're able to actually give me concrete evidence of a failed Subway or 7/11 which shows that the business failed for reasons other than owner mismanagement, I would not buy your story at all. You seem to be a promoter of some Regional Center, which is why you're hiding anonymously instead of openly disclosing your identity so that people can confirm that you're a genuine person without a hidden agenda.

Till such time, I suggest you keep your inane comments and asinine thoughts to yourself.

I was observing all kinds of businesses around USA
and I'm not ashamed to ask or inform myself every time I have an idea for myself or I'm just curious
all this what you say is just wishful thinking ..starting from investors willing to invest millions only for the privilege to live in the usa or similar non sense

telling you that I have seen 7/11 FAILING and that for any kind of franchise you need A LOTS OF MONEY ....and the return DOES NOT COME FAST ENOUGH
SUBWAY FOR EXAMPLE DOES NOT OFFER ANY KIND OF PROTECTION OF YOUR INTEREST ..THEY MIGHT AND BY GOD THEY DO SELL THEIR LICENCE NEXT DOOR TO THE SHOP WHICH ALREADY SELLS THEIR "STUFF"(btw their sendwiches are pure crap but that's another issue)....in the subway I worked they used to complain about that ..SUBWAY SOLD LICENCE TO ANOTHER "INVESTOR" JUST ONE CORNER FURTHER DOWN THE ROAD AND THE PROFIT WENT DOWN 20% IN the shop I worked..cut my hours and I had to leave ..family members filled in ...and you know the rest from my previous post

I can go on like this for long ...

and also I don't work for anyone ...so you should calm down and pipe out your conspiracy theories ...

one thing we agree upon and thats A GOOD location FOR A FRANCHISE BUSINESS IS A MUST!!!...WHICH YOU HAVE TO ADMIT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET IN THESE DAYS
SINCE ALL GOOD LOCATIONS ARE ALREADY TAKEN
ABOUT FAILING 7/11..HERE IS ONE LOCATION FOR YOU ...WEST HOLLYWOOD 7/11 ..ALONG THE SANTA MONICA BLVD ...that one has changed hands about 3 times since I got there ..even their subway works pretty bad ..they fired some people ..and get this..its a prime location ...close to whole food ,gas station and some "ethnic shops"..granted its small but people simply don't go inside ..

I think you fail to realize how much time you will need to recuperate investment trough franchise business..lets face it ..only people making money from subway franchises are people who run subway as company ...thats the whole deal

PS subway I worked was in NYC close to st MARKS PLACE ...anyway ..when I left I think their profit forecast/projection was around 60 000 per year (sliding from average of 80 000)..so again for family of 5 is not that much ..I know you should "spread the risk" and have more shops but HOW? ..when you spend 60 HOURS a week running JUST ONE SHOP ..so say for 2 for them you need 120 HOURS !!

as I said ...total waste of time and money and effort ..IF THAT BUSINESS IS SO PROFITABLE ALL THE WHITE PEOPLE WILL BE DOING IT AND YET ONLY ASIANS AND WHAT NOT IS RUNNING THEM .

actually, if you look @ the vacancies in retail real estate nowadays, it is impossible to not find good retail locations available for fast food, restaurants, etc. Go drive through any major city and see the for rent signs yourself. Also, I don't sell Subway franchises, I offer my clients several suggestions and let them make up their mind. FYI, in my experience, I've yet to see a Subway, Dunkin Donut, Dairy Queen, Days Inn Motel or Super 8 motel or 7/11 fail, and I've been a broker in KS, AL, NY, MA, NE & GA and still am a broker in CA & FL. I got those licenses to conduct business and not to unnecessarily enrich those states at my expense.

As for your racist comment, you seem to be intent on discouraging immigration. Vinod Khosla, Sabeer Bhatia, and hundreds of thousands of other Indians have made it despite their not being white. Indira Nooyi is not white and neither is Vikram Pandit, and they certainly have no problems being successful in the US. same goes for Chinese and Latino immigrants. As such, you simply expose yourself as an ignorant idiot when you spout your nonsense. BTW, the president isn't white either, is he?

You sound like a silly and bitter person, and I would love to know why you spout inane theories without any logical reasons to back them up.

actually, if you look @ the vacancies in retail real estate nowadays, it is impossible to not find good retail locations available for fast food, restaurants, etc. Go drive through any major city and see the for rent signs yourself. Also, I don't sell Subway franchises, I offer my clients several suggestions and let them make up their mind. FYI, in my experience, I've yet to see a Subway, Dunkin Donut, Dairy Queen, Days Inn Motel or Super 8 motel or 7/11 fail, and I've been a broker in KS, AL, NY, MA, NE & GA and still am a broker in CA & FL. I got those licenses to conduct business and not to unnecessarily enrich those states at my expense.

As for your racist comment, you seem to be intent on discouraging immigration. Vinod Khosla, Sabeer Bhatia, and hundreds of thousands of other Indians have made it despite their not being white. Indira Nooyi is not white and neither is Vikram Pandit, and they certainly have no problems being successful in the US. same goes for Chinese and Latino immigrants. As such, you simply expose yourself as an ignorant idiot when you spout your nonsense. BTW, the president isn't white either, is he?

You sound like a silly and bitter person, and I would love to know why you spout inane theories without any logical reasons to back them up.

er now you are displaying idiotic traits ..my comments are not some mambo jumbo b.....t but rather first hand observations ..you can talk the talk but I think you have no clue about anything related to serious business...citing some out of telephone book indian names will not make you a serious business broker ...

also you really have to concentrate and read what I wrote .;so please use your brain and don't jump on the first ball (figurative speech)

time are changing for the worse and my opinion stands because unlike yours my experience is derived from real life situation and I have no intention to lie to someone in order to make a living

so suck it up and wise up..:p..if you can ..

Your experience is limited to exposure to 1 business. Mine is based on exposure to hundreds of businesses across the length & breadth of the US. I've actually seen the whole financial statements of a lot of businesses, so I know what the true fiscal and economic story is. So, obviously our perspectives do differ as mine is based on complete facts & your isn't.

ok man ..you are very smart guy but fortunately there is an internet and from the horses mouth here it is ..this is part of the text I found on the net5 FROM CNN MONEY FULL TEXT AVAILABLE ...http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune_archive/1998/03/16/239302/index.htm
SO THIS GUY DELUCA OWNS SUBWAY RIGHT ...so here is the text...

"DeLuca says the annual failure rate for the chain is just 2%, but that doesn't include the failure of an owner if another franchisee buys his store. A more telling figure is the so-called transfer rate, which includes resales, abandonments, and terminations. That rate runs roughly 10%, says DeLuca, although a Chicago agent says that his turnover rate is closer to 20%. Subway's FTC reports indicate that the store-abandonment rate has tripled since 1993. For troubled franchisees, bailing out is a tough decision because their life savings may be tied up in the business. "Truthfully, I don't know how some of these people continue to do it without saying, 'Okay, I've had enough,' " says ex-agent Sager. "It becomes like the battered-wife syndrome, where tomorrow will be a better day. And people refuse to leave and accept the failure."

So as you can see my "first hand experience " from one shop is actually very common ..I mean you have seen one SUBWAY you have seen all of them ..same goes to gas station ,pizza huts ,mcdonalds franchises etc ..its all scam now ONE INVESTOR BUY THE FRANCHISE AND FAILS BUT THERE IS ALWAYS ANOTHER SUCKER READY TO JUMP IN AND TRY SO IT GOES ON AND ON AND ON ...THATS WHY YOU ARE SAYING THAT YOU NEVER HAVE SEEN SUBWAY CLOSING ....BECAUSE THEY ALWAYS FIND ANOTHER IDIOT TO CONTINUE THE "BUSINESS"..This franchise stuff makes money only for top management who SALES THOSE CRAPY FRANCHISES ..I understand you want to be part of it so thats why you flog that dead horse baby for all its worth ..but one day someone might sue the s..t out of you for lying to them ..hell you casually lied here on this forum so I can only imagine what would happen when you get some naive "investors" from your hack of woods willing to trust you ....god have mercy on your soul poor boy.. because those people would lose their hard earned money because you told them and sold them the "american dream" which is in fact a nightmare

In ANY business, LOCATION is KEY. I actually do a lot of diligence in site selection, so I know what I am talking about. Secondly, where did DeLuca get his information? Is it reliable and published by a knowledgeable entity, or is it someone like you who talks based on generic assumptions? I hope you know that those who assume most know the least. Can you publish the link to Subway's FTC report including the date of publication?

BTW, I help my clients with Subway, Dunkin Donuts, Krispy Kreme, Baja Fresh, etc. in fast food, and can tell you that if diligence is done in site selection, it is extremely rare to see ANY business fail.

I can tell you one thing to end: The people who buy the franchises are NOT fools, and would not go for multiple locations of a franchise unless and until they had a good experience the 1st time. Look @ Bob Grewal from Los Angeles who has 20 Subway locations or Khan from Florida. BTW, speaking of gas stations, look @ bill McNight who owns a portfolio of 80 or so gas stations and ask yourself WHY would he pay franchise fees to Shell, Exxon, etc. for his gas stations unless and until he found it economically profitable? Want more examples? Bashir Khan has so many gift shops in Kissimmee or the Batla family has 12 big gift shops in Central Florida. The Mehta family has 18 pizzerias and the Kapoor family has 7 liquor stores. You can google the names of these businessmen to confirm that they have all expanded using franchises and are still going strong.

There is an old saying that goes: "Till you say something, people can only guess if you're stupid. When you say something asinine, the doubt turns into conviction."

those guys in Florida you mentioned ..cross them out ..they are fighting to stay afloat barely ..by the skin of their teeth so it seems ..;)

one thing for sure franchise wont see my money...

ps subway "report" as you mentioned ..is a good toilet paper and nothing else ..not worth the paper it was written on
...corporate culture in this country is founded on blatant deceptions ..but you already know that ..so those self gratifying "reports" ARE as good as nothing and never to be takes seriously ..only few insiders know complete picture and they are NOT TELLING IT TO ANYONE

@Nick66, which guys should I cross out? I met one of them last week and I meet Mr. Khan 2-3 times each week, and I can tell you that neither seems to be going anywhere anytime soon.

Quick question: What have you been smoking and where can I get some? You just spout inane nonsense and refuse to even identify yourself, leave alone speak credibly. You are unaware that any UFOC needs to have full disclose of all pertinent facts, failing which the franchisor can get taken to the cleaners.

You insinuate you're either an insider or have access to insider information, but refuse to produce it for perusal by the forum members. In short, you're full of it and are utterly devoid of credibility. I suggest you start consulting a shrink to get some medication as you seem to be delusional and psychotic.

Best regards.

hahaha..dude that trick ..like I saw the yesterday don't float..especially with me since I'm working in gift shops (chain of them in fact) as a assistant manager at the moment ...so I know what I'm talking about ..our business went down 70% since the crisis began 08...this year bit better .;but US tourist don't spend the dime anymore in them ..if is not for canadians/europeans and russinas and brazillians ..we would tank last year for sure ..and my boss has 12 shops in south beach miami..since he belongs to certain ethnicity I know business inside out by every city in florida (I can give exact numbers by shop!)..
..and I can tell you no shop is making much money and at least 30% don't make NO money at all ..betcha your "buddies" are thinking about selling off and bailing out ..I know my boss is whining every day about it ..just in real estate value of his stores he "lost" about 60% of the value ..but the taxman keeps knocking ..:p

Sorry dude but it looks like you don't have any luck with me ..your b.......t has run out its course :p

about smoking ..well I think you are far closer (by birth ) to best opium fields in the world so I think just by getting born there has damage you ;)
you don't even need to smoke anymore ..hhaha..you were born "off" if you know what I mean ..

I didn't realise India had any opium fields :) Anyway, keep spewing your BS. As far as I'm concerned, I've got the measure of you. You're nothing but a sore loser without an ounce of sense. And yes, you're welcome to ask Mr. Bashir Khan and his sons if I regularly meet them or not.

hahhaha..you going stupid on me aren't you ??..;)
funny guy ..sorry dude but I can't take seriously anything you say anymore :p
abut sore loser ..well all you blah blah here points in that direction ..so I think you try to see in others what you already become as the saying goes..sorry but you are far from the truth there ..so your "measure of me" is figment of your imagination like the most of the stuff in your life (so it seems)..