Is it normal to get FP notice BEFORE I-140 had been approved?

wouldliketoknow

Registered Users (C)
Has anybody been in the same situation. Why am I getting FP notice if my I-140 hasn't been approved or even touched since I filed it? My case is concurrent, so maybe that is it. But I do not want to put words in anybody's mouth and would appreciate any input.
Thanks.

Yes, its pretty normal. Your EAD and AP(if you applied for one) can also be approved, prior to your 140 approval.

Thanks for the time to answer. Well, yes, you get your EAD and AP approved because you need to work and travel leagally why any of the applications are pending. But fingerprinting is associated solely with I-485, is it not so?

Finger Printing Issue

Does anyone know which documents do you need when you go for FingerPrinting
How does it Work
Can someone share their experience?

wouldliketoknow said:
Has anybody been in the same situation. Why am I getting FP notice if my I-140 hasn't been approved or even touched since I filed it? My case is concurrent, so maybe that is it. But I do not want to put words in anybody's mouth and would appreciate any input.
Thanks.
yes, it is normal these days!! don't worry.

srinireddydgl said:
Does anyone know which documents do you need when you go for FingerPrinting
How does it Work
Can someone share their experience?
Just carry your drivers license and FP notice....you are all set.....look if you have code 3 in your FP then you need to give Biometric along with FP..

Code 1: FP
Code 2 : Biometric
Code 3: FP + Biometric

I had code 3 but missed out Biometric later with the help of this portal i went back and gave my biometrics....

Good luck dude....

palaceofhyd said:
Just carry your drivers license and FP notice....you are all set.....look if you have code 3 in your FP then you need to give Biometric along with FP..

Code 1: FP
Code 2 : Biometric
Code 3: FP + Biometric

I had code 3 but missed out Biometric later with the help of this portal i went back and gave my biometrics....

Good luck dude....

Is there any official link for these codes. the officials did not take my biomertics even though my code is 3. They said they are correct in doing what they are doing. Now I moved to a different center. Can I go and talk to the people at the new center.

FP Notice

What is fee for FP and Biometric CODE 3

Secondly my kid are 8 and 10 years will they also have go through FP and Biometrics.

What do I require when I go for FP and Bio.

hi, i would like to post that me& my husband have got code 3 fingerprint notice for april 5th, we have priority date of oct 4th 2004 for concurent i 140&i 485, i got my EAD but but husbands EAD hasnt come yet& no approval for the i 140 yet so i guess miracles do happen, i have heard a rumor{dont know how true it is} that they want to give all pending app. approval before april end, dont take my word for it, but thats what im hearing, my brother applied for 2nd EAD renewal in dec,& called to find its status& the officer told him that they r working on greencards& he may get that dirctly, so lets just hope. saw the i485 priority dates they r working on? really moved ahead.