Is it necessary to enter the US together after getting the Green Card

Tiny

Registered Users (C)
I need some guidance, we have our CP in Mumbai on 3rd January,
I and my husband are both booked on seperate flights back, since fortunately we got our CP preponed
and now we are not getting tickets
on the same flight for the whole month of january
is it mandatory for us to enter at the same time
what are our options... need helppppppp please....
thanks
tiny

No Title

Any body can enter first. there is no need for primary to enter first. whom so ever got the tickets first you can travel. dont worry. coz you guys are allocated seperate visa numbers for your case and your IV visa numbers are different. it wont matter who has to enter first

But dont they give just one sealed envelope

Thanks for answering my query, but isnt it true that they give u just one sealed envelope and u have to take ur medicals along with u when u enter the US for the first time after u get ur GC stamped....

No Title

First of all there will be a seperate sealed envelope for each one, for example one for you one for your spouse one for your kid....
and coming to medicals there is no need of carrying medicals with you when you enter us for first time..

No Title

Samind - Please be careful on what you say. The Law states that the dependent cannot enter first. The Primary has to enter first or along with the dependent. The Green Card will not be issued to the dependent if it has not been issued to the primary. Also, the Immigration Visa is just a visa and should not be confused with Green Card which is issued at the time of entry.

As for the medicals, all your documents will be in the packet except for the XRay - which will, in all probability, not be collected at the POE but should be carried in case the Immigration Officer asks for it.

- Puneet

No Title

Let me explain you the second one first, then we will go for the first one.

Posting of Tiny
Thanks for answering my query, but isnt it true that they give u just one sealed envelope and u have to take ur medicals along with u when u enter the US for the first time after u get ur GC stamped....

The answer which i have given for this is there is no need of carrying medicals with you when you are entering us(as tiny dont know what medicals are as tiny is going to attend the interview, once when tiny completes the interview only medicals left will be xray\'s then this person will know what question was posted, and your answer of not carrying the xrays is true in that case). let me tell you the other scenario, in case of normal case which you are referring to the report will be there in your sealed envolope which you should not worry. in case of extra tests done for various reasons the reports will not be included in the sealed envolope and will be mentioned on the medical report which there is no need of carrying them.

Lets come back to the first question: There is no need for the dependent to enter us after the primary. i am a classic example for you if you want. my spouse came one day before i arrived here and my spouse is a dependent in my application and we never faced any problem. i bet on this one upto any extent, that dependent can enter "before" or after or along what ever the way they want. If any body wants the first hand information on this one better call up the consulate in india and find out from them whether its allowed or not. and the answer is yes for that. Hope this helps

Secondary has to enter with or after the primary

We just returned from a successful CP from Mumbai. We were handed two separate brown envelopes with the visas attached to the front. However, on my wife\'s visa (secondary) it was specifically stated that she could only enter with me or after me. Even at the POE, the immigration officer asked me who the primary was and opened that packet first. If you are the risk taking kind you can try to enter the secondary before the primary, but I would not recommend it.

Thanks

Thanks so much guys for helping me, I spoke with the consulate in Mumbai today and they told me that we can enter the US seperately but the Primary applicant has to enter first. That relieves me a lot, but another minor question I am going to be flying back with my dog is that going to cause any kind of problems.....

Thanks once again...

No Title

Primary has to enter first no doubt about it as the scenario applies to me and so asked my legal consul about it.

Applicant and dependant each get their own envelopes.

You\'re kidding, right ??

You think someone will deny you entry into the US with a legitimate immigrant visa because you have a dog with you ?

No Title

You have to ask customs what they require for your dog to travel to the USA. I am sure your dog will need some vaccinations, veterinary certificate, etc.