Is a child born outside USA to newly naturalized US citizens a US citizen?

yjs206

Hi all:
I lived in the US from 1996 to 2009 September before I moved back to China to work. I was naturalized Jun 2004. From 1996 to 2004, I was a permanment residence ( green card holder). I am a bit confused about the 5 year physical presence test for the US ciitzen parent( me in my case).

Does the 5 year physical presence including my time as a permentment residence?
Or Those five years must be after the citizen parent's naturalization (2004), which I may not qualified whith time traveling abroad. thanks

I digged up an old thread:
  1. The rule is:

A person born on or after November 14, 1986, is a U.S. citizen if all of the following are true:

(1) One of the person's parents was a U.S. citizen when the person in question was born
    (2) The citizen parent lived at least five years in the United States before the child's birth
    (3) A minimum of two of these five years in the United States were after the citizen parent's 14th birthday.

But I am not sure if those fivee years must be after the citizen parent's naturalization

It's any physical presence, in any status, whether it be as a permanent resident, nonimmigrant, or even illegal immigrant.