Irving (DFW) office experience and decision cannot be made

webxplore

Registered Users (C)
Had my interview at the Irving office (Dallas Fortworth) on March 30. Officer went over the N-400 making changes to mainly name change. request Asked if I had any arrest or traffic tickets. Told I had one in 1997 and she asked the violation (stop light) and whether i paid the fine to which I replied yes. She wrote it down. Had me print my new name and signature on N-400 and another form (name change confirm?) along with signing the pictures. Passed the read/write/civics test. Asked if I paid taxes (yes).

Here is the kicker.....informed me that she is not going to approve me due to orders from above and pointed me to a piece of printout stuck to her monitor saying that I am not the only one. No one is being approved at this time due to some incomplete checks that she is not aware of but the order says clearly that no body should be approved until further notice. Gave me a N-652 with "decision cannot be made at this time". Total time with the officer ...approx 20 min.

Mentioned that I need to wait for a decision to be informed by mail along with the oath letter if approved. This completely took me off-guard. Any body experienced the same at the Dallas/Irving office? I find the story hard to believe. May be the officer is right but would like to hear from anyone who was interviewed this week or March and their experience.

Priority Date 1/13/2010
Finger Print 2/6/2010
Interview 3/30/2010
Decision cannot be made... :)

Thanks

This summarizes my experience in Seattle... except for the part about seeing the printout mentioned below... everything else was exactly the same. I'm just waiting at this point now. This leads me to believe that there are either random days or DOs or some combination thereof where they are doing extra reviews. Until a better pattern emerges... that's my guess...

PS: I interviewed on March 18... and will update this post and the other one I started when there is a change / update.

Here is the kicker.....informed me that she is not going to approve me due to orders from above and pointed me to a piece of printout stuck to her monitor saying that I am not the only one. No one is being approved at this time due to some incomplete checks that she is not aware of but the order says clearly that no body should be approved until further notice. Gave me a N-652 with "decision cannot be made at this time". Total time with the officer ...approx 20 min.

Mentioned that I need to wait for a decision to be informed by mail along with the oath letter if approved. This completely took me off-guard. I find the story hard to believe. May be the officer is right but would like to hear from anyone who was interviewed this week or March and their experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
This summarizes my experience in Seattle... except for the part about seeing the printout mentioned below... everything else was exactly the same. I'm just waiting at this point now. This leads me to believe that there are either random days or DOs or some combination thereof where they are doing extra reviews. Until a better pattern emerges... that's my guess...

PS: I interviewd on March 18...

Thanks for the reply. I guess we will have to wait and see. Makes me think this is more of a random sampling though I have not seen anyone else post similar experience. Keep us posted if you have an update.

Hi webxplore........the computer glitch story is real! There are few us that got a phone call 2 days before the ceremony telling us about that the ceremony is postponed due computer glitch.....

We have a thread dealing with this issue in Dallas office....you could add your experience to it and everyone will keep updating their situations. Here is thread name:

3-29-2010-Dallas-Oath-postponed-over-the-phone-is-this-real

PD 12/28/09
FP 1/27/10
ID 3/9/10 (got N-652 with marked “Congratulation, your application has been recommended for approval”)
OL 3/11/2010
Ceremony date 3/29/2010? (postponed; should receive new OL within 3 weeks)

I got the Oath Letter yesterday (APR 9). About 3 weeks after I originally interviewed. Best wishes to all...

Hi webxplore,

I had my interview at the Irving office today as well. The officer told me that she needs to do further review of my case but made me sign the photographs and the form. She (who happened to be contract/temp based on the tag she had around her neck) didn't even give me the N-652. Did you hear anything back? Thanks

Good luck Shaam! I'm sure it will go fine. In my case it could just be an isolated incident. I would too like to hear if webexplore got her oath letter. Also, in my case the officer made copies of my expired and current passports, which seems really weird. It might have to do with the fact that I do travel a lot because of my work and she might need to match up the stamps with the dates on the form, which will be a long tiring job. You should request an N652 if you dont get one at the one of the interview... had I known that I would have definitely asked for one.

Hi webxplore,

I had my interview at the Irving office today as well. The officer told me that she needs to do further review of my case but made me sign the photographs and the form. She (who happened to be contract/temp based on the tag she had around her neck) didn't even give me the N-652. Did you hear anything back? Thanks

I still haven't heard anything. Not sure what's going on. I did receive the N-652 with decision cannot be made. Fingers crossed.

I have noticed that for many people on this forum the oath letter arrives almost a month after the interview date. My lawyer did suggest that if I don't hear anything in 4 weeks then to make an info pass appointment. She said often the file goes to the supervisor for approval and it just sits there until an info pass appointment makes them act on it. Good luck!

Hi Flyer -

Sorry you must have mentioned in some earlier post - but what DO are you? and when did you have your Interview?

Thanks!

Received Our Oath letter

We received our oath letter on 16th. We had our interview on Mar' 26th in Irving. The only issue is My wife has her ceremony on Friday and I have been called on a Monday . I travel for work (Mon -Thursday) so I was wondering if I can go for the Oath on Friday with my wife.

We received our oath letter on 16th. We had our interview on Mar' 26th in Irving. The only issue is My wife has her ceremony on Friday and I have been called on a Monday . I travel for work (Mon -Thursday) so I was wondering if I can go for the Oath on Friday with my wife.

Call USCIS and request that your Oath be pulled up.
You can't just show up for the Oath as they have to make sure that your Naturalization certificate is at the place of the oath Ceremony.
Besides, if you miss work on Monday, I think the client will understand... :)

Same issue on Name Check computer glitch at Chicago

Hi,
I had my interview last week at Chicago and was informed right from the beginning that for some of us (on that day), name checks were not available due to "computer glitch". Interview was complete and went well, signed all papers, photos, and was giving N652 with "decision can't be made". Officer told me once she gets it and all is fine, I should receive a letter on the mail.

I was very disappointed to leave without approval. Who knows now how long is going to take... Any other experience from Chicago DO?

Hi,
good news, every thing is done. I got my CITIZENSHIP. I took my oath the same day. Every thing was done in 2 and half months. No problems at all.