IR5 parent application. Guidance needed for interview date timeline

GC_BMBOO

Registered Users (C)
Hi All

I am the petitioner. I've applied GC/IR5 category for my parents are in India.
Got a email from NVC on May 15, 2019 that they have everything they need (AOS etc) and are waiting for interview date from consulate.
The NVC (ceac) website is not updated yet so I called and managed to get thru (which is practically a fluke). They confirmed the same that NVC has everything they need and that they are waiting for date.
I'm looking for some guidance on when I can expect interview date at the mumbai consulate. If there are any others in similar situation, please feel free to respond.

Thanks

I also applied for my parents and I got the confirmation from NVC on 21 June that all the paperwork is correct and now waiting for the confirmation of interview from Bombay. Until so far, did not receive any email the interview.

Just a quick update. I don’t have an interview date as well. One of the experienced folks on this board mentioned that mumbai is backlogged.
Unfortunately, folks who mentioned similar situation with earlier dates have not responded so it’s hard to guesstimate the interview date.
Do keep me posted on this thread and I will do the same.

Just a quick update. We just got interview date for Oct 9 in Mumbai.
Seems like it is taking approximately 140-150 days to interview date (in Mumbai consulate) from the time you receive confirmation from NVC.
Thanks to everyone who helped. Now for the next phase of interview prep etc.

Now that the interview date is in place, I have few questions related to the US Consulate for Mumbai. My parents were able to get a date/time scheduled for medical test and biometric at VAC (Visa application center), Mumbai. Few quick questions
1. While the NVC website does not have this as a requirement, the VAC seems to indicate the need to take the petitioners tax return and employment letter. I'm planning to send both to my parents. They also wanted the DS-260 print out (which is fine). I submitted the IRS transcript to NVC. Question is whether each consulate has their own specific requirements.
2. We set the post interview pickup location for Passport and immigration packet as VAC. Does anyone know how long it takes to get these after the interview in Mumbai. My parents are not based in Mumbai/
3. Typically, what is the time period in which they will need to travel to USA. NVC has approx 6 months with a caveat the medical report may be valid for less period than that. Does anyone know how this works?

Thanks in advance

GC_MBBOO, congrats that your parents got scheduled for the interview.
I have logged into this site after years (I was regular here during my GC process).

We filed for my in-laws in March 2018 and then NVC approved in Nov 2018 and after all the papers were uploaded by my-inlaws from india.
NC put its last update with a PD of 09/Mar/2019. We have been waiting for the interview at Mumbai consulate since then. No luck.

Now that I see your update then not sure what has happened in my-laws' case?

As per 1> How did you submit your IRS transcript to NVC? You just uploaded them ? I assume you have included the latest - 2018 ?

GC_MBBOO, congrats that your parents got scheduled for the interview.
I have logged into this site after years (I was regular here during my GC process).

We filed for my in-laws in March 2018 and then NVC approved in Nov 2018 and after all the papers were uploaded by my-inlaws from india.
NC put its last update with a PD of 09/Mar/2019. We have been waiting for the interview at Mumbai consulate since then. No luck.

Now that I see your update then not sure what has happened in my-laws' case?

As per 1> How did you submit your IRS transcript to NVC? You just uploaded them ? I assume you have included the latest - 2018 ?
I’m assuming your in-laws are IR5 category as in your spouse is a US Citizen.
If the applicants are from India, you need to snail mail in the paperwork. I, as the petitioner did it on behalf of my parents. And yes, I provided IRS transcript.
Did you/your in-laws get a confirmation from NVC that they have your paperwork is in place and they are waiting for interview date? That is when you know for sure that an interview will be forthcoming.

Hi All

Does anyone know the effective date of the green card? Is it the day the immigration visa is approved OR the day the passport is stamped at the port of entry?

Would appreciate a quick response?

I’m assuming your in-laws are IR5 category as in your spouse is a US Citizen.
If the applicants are from India, you need to snail mail in the paperwork. I, as the petitioner did it on behalf of my parents. And yes, I provided IRS transcript.
Did you/your in-laws get a confirmation from NVC that they have your paperwork is in place and they are waiting for interview date? That is when you know for sure that an interview will be forthcoming.

Yes we got the confirmation from NVC. In fact here is the exact wording that we rec'd on 1st/Mar/2019 -

The National Visa Center (NVC) received all of the fees, forms, and documents that are required prior to attending an immigrant visa interview at a U.S. Embassy/Consulate General overseas.
NVC will work with the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General in MUMBAI (BOMBAY), IND to schedule an interview appointment for you. Once we have confirmed an interview date, we will send a notice to you, your petitioner and attorney (if applicable).
Please do NOT make any travel arrangements, sell property, or give up employment until you have received an immigrant visa from the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General.
The U.S. Embassy/Consulate General may require additional documentation at the time of the interview. Please visit https://nvc.state.gov/interview for information about immigrant visa interviews.

Regards,
National Visa Center,
U.S. Department of State

http://nvc.state.gov/ask

GC_BMBOO, so how did the interview go? please update. In our case, I had put an inquiry for my in-laws around 10th Sept and we got reply stating - nothing really and just advised us to put separate inquiries for father-in-law's case and a separate one for mother-in-law's case number.

Hello My parents have their green card interview scheduled at Mumbai February 2020. Completed their medical but I’m wondering when and where they can do their biometrics. On the date of the interview or do they have to do it prior to it.

Hello My parents have their green card interview scheduled at Mumbai February 2020. Completed their medical but I’m wondering when and where they can do their biometrics. On the date of the interview or do they have to do it prior to it.
Hi, my parent's interview is also scheduled for Feb 2020 in Mumbai. For Biometrics - you register online ustraveldocs(dot)com select location and schedule an appointment for fingerprints and photos. For medical examinations, medical docs are required. I mean how important are they? Anything you can suggest? My parents have to appear for it yet.

Hi, Can you share when was your case approved by NVC ? How long did it take to get the interview date post NVC approval ? I am waiting for interview date from Nov 2019.

Hi, my parent's interview is also scheduled for Feb 2020 in Mumbai. For Biometrics - you register online ustraveldocs(dot)com select location and schedule an appointment for fingerprints and photos. For medical examinations, medical docs are required. I mean how important are they? Anything you can suggest? My parents have to appear for it yet.

Hi, Can you share when was your case approved by NVC ? How long did it take to get the interview date post NVC approval ? I am waiting for interview date from Nov 2019.

I received the interview date in a month's time from approval. You should receive it soon now.

NVC approved since Oct.2019 still waiting for the interview letter, what is the expected time ?
No idea. My NVC approval is in Nov . So if your case is still not scheduled for interview, I guess it will take some more time for me.